Battery Warmer

waynebergman

100 kW
Its getting a bit cold out in the garage these days and I wonder if something like this electric battery warmer would be a good idea to keep my pack at a good pre ride temp? It says 50 watt so I am guessing it would not cost much more than running a light bulb to keep it on through out the winter.

Does this sound like it would be worth doing? Temps on in my garage would be between 0 and 10 cel during the winter I guess. I have noticed my pack cutting out with low voltage read outs on the ca on some of my winter time rides and thinking maybe it because the pack it on the cold side before I start out on my ride.

One way or another, you can't be riding in those temps with a battery that cold.

That looks like a good price on a solution. Figure out a way to drop a big tea cozy over the battery box with those inside them. I used to do that with my balloon fuel tanks. The heaters for the tanks would not be enough on the really cold nights, so we'd throw some covers made from old bed spreads over the tops of the tanks.

If you will build it into the bike permanently, then you might look at reptile heaters, which are quite waterproof.

Back