BBS02 power/torque questions

Kanalj

1 mW
I recently bought a new BBS02 to replace my previous one after some electrical problems, thing is the new one feels like it's got less torque on the same power setting.

I usually drive on power setting 6 (out of 9), the old motor had both a DP C18 and I had a 850C display.
The new motor has a 860C display.

The new motor feels like it gives less on 6, although it drives smoother (probably newer berings)

Questions:
- Does the display control how much power it gives to the motor or is it the controllers programming?
- Can different batches of the BBS02 have different power settings? (other software configs)

I got a programming cable but haven't gotten around to learning that stuff, I will though.

I know that there are different firmware versions for the various BBSxx systems, each of which has differences in how it works. Not all of them are compatible with all the hardware versions out there, either, but there are some threads here with different FW verisons and discussions about them, if you want to poke around and see if that might be the issue.

Different settings in the display almost certainly affect how the system responds to you, as well. Are your present settings all exactly the same as they were before? If so, it's probably a FW difference, or even a hardware version change (since Bafang doesn't tell anyone about the changes they make, the only documentation of this is by users, in various scattered places around the web :( ).

There is also a user-created OSFW to replace the OEM FW, I think by Daniel Nillsson (sp?), that may give you more options, if it is applicable to your specific BBS02 version.

Thanks for the info amberwolf, I did some research and found a thread with someone who had a similar issue:

That lead me to the Speeed app for Android that's really a godsend, much more info and options than that PC-app I've used.

Safe to say my BBS02 has got it's Oomph back now!

So I read the settings from the old motor and replicated most, I think it was these settings that mattered:
General/
Current Limit: 24A (original 18A)
Pedal/
Start Current: 40% (original 20%)
Slow Start Mode: 5 (original was 4)

Also the levels for assist was starting at 52% on the old one, put a more linear programming on there now.

Here are some screens with my settings, it's nice the app shows hardware version and firmware version.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg