Bespoke bikes

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... ES Bible "Search found 92 matches: +Bespoke".

Excitement currently in bike media from the UK’s "leading annual handmade bicycle show Bespoked" just ended in Bristol April 7-9th...
http://www.bespoked.cc/

Ask the Trade, Bespoked special: How healthy is the handmade market and what opportunities exist?:
https://cyclingindustry.news/ask-th...handmade-market-and-what-opportunities-exist/

"a plethora of highly lusted after builds for the artisan bicycle aficionados among us"...

(Wiki:)
Bespoke is an adjective for anything commissioned to a particular specification. It may be altered or tailored to the customs, tastes, or usage of an individual purchaser.
Related terms
Synonyms include "custom-made" and "made to order"
Antonyms include "off-the-shelf" and "ready-to-wear"
The slang term "modding" is different but somewhat related; it refers to personalization of an item after manufacture

So I figure Alt.-Reality Planet ES is LOUSY w/"custom-made" aka "made to order" aka "BESPOKE" folks. :)

... but while the Bristol show is mostly about bike frame builders, ES is much about CONVERSIONS of "existing stock" bikes and trikes?

(Incidently, Wiki goes on: The term is generally more prevalent in British English; for example, "bespoke jewellery". American English tends to use the word "custom" instead...)

Anyway. In that "Ask the Trade" article, bits like “The order books are full, but of course I’m still taking orders!"... “There seems to be a resurgence and I have as much work as I can handle at present."... “The handbuilt market in the States gets better and better."... “I’ve been in the business producing for a long while now and from what I can see there’s a core of around 25 to 30 frame builders producing around 450 frames a year fully bespoke start to finish.”... “What state is the handbuilt market in? It is what you make of it!"...

So I'm just curious? How many stores selling conversion kits "take it to the next level" by offering to do the work, or better maybe, offering a course once/twice a year or more to actually DIY w/a customers or donor bikes?

Tks

Back