• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

BH Eco Wave comparison question

bluesoleli

100 mW
Hi Everyone,

I'm finally down pat and ready to purchase an e-bike at last with all this overtime caney from work :p Looking at anything around the $1900 range and lower because like many people, I have a home loan mortgage to pay as well.

So far I am down to two choices, the eZee Sprint ECO and the BH Easy Motion ECO wave. The price is the same at $1850 each bike. The BH ECO Wave looks very good in terms of design, it has a clean look and I like the steel fork compared to the zoom spring fork on the ezee. The eZee on the other hand has a lot of after sales support here in Sydney because there's at least 3 retailers in my area who sell and service eZee bikes.
BH Easy motion is sold a lot here too, but I haven't seen after sales support in terms of parts whereas I can easily track down parts for eZee bikes online or in-store.

My concern is mostly with the motor than say... the battery. Coming from a auto mechanic background, I know moving parts will fail in the end. It's a matter of when and not 'if'. I know eZee has an in-house motor with replaceable planetary gears which cost about $40. Would like to know who makes the battery if possible with eZee?

With BH Easy Motion ECO Wave bikes, I haven't been able to find out what front motor it has or if the gears are replaceable?

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Well doing some additional research tells me that the BH ECO Wave motor is made by Bafang which does have replaceable gears. Also been told newer BH bikes such as the Neo have Dapu Japan motors.

It might make sense to contact the Australia distributor http://bhbikes.com.au/ in my experience they are pretty good with their warranty support here in the US. The Neo models here have a 5 year warranty on everything aside from the battery, which has a 2 year warranty. I don't have too much experience with eZee, but I figured I would share. Hope it helps.

Back