BH Emotion Neo Jumper - Full Suspension

Yeah a Haibike would be great. If you could buy one. I am considering the $5500 AMT RX. Vaporware thus far though, they keep getting pushed back, Chris from Long Island Electrics says they're telling him May now which will my luck turn into end of summer. He also says the hai's are more of a bikers bike, they need more physical input than the jumper. Not that I'm opposed to putting my fair share of work in. He says the jumper feels more powerful despite being hub motor driven.

I've been looking hard at the Bafang 750 too, but that motor hanging out below the frame just seems like a recipe for disaster with all the logs and anti erosion berms in my neck of the woods. So I'm currently leaning towards a jumper but I tend to change my mind between the three daily the more I read. I like the fat bikes too but fs choices are rather slim.

Here's my pro/con list if anyone would like to comment or add to:

Pros

Bafang - cheaper, more powerful, faster, throttle, quiet, I can convert back to human powered if necessary,

Jumper - has throttle, quite stealthy, cheaper than hai, bluetooth cellphone interface available, integrated easy and readily available.

Hai - better components and suspension, more responsive pedal assist resulting in easier/safer operation in tough conditions, their mid drive said to be one of the best, probably has the largest range/most efficient, good weight distribution, usb port on battery

Cons

Bafang - more work building bike and researching/ordering/waiting for parts and tools, motor is exposed/limited clearance, difficult to find modern fs bike with favorable bb/frame construction and room in triangle for battery

Jumper - only successful speed mod I've heard of is adding extra battery in series to up the voltage, rear hub driven, Medium frame only yet still has a lofty top tube, mixed reports on suspension but probably not that great in the broad scheme of things.

Hai - expensive, lack of availability, no throttle, gen2 speed mod questionable

The word "proprietary" comes up a lot….. concerning batteries. It would be hard not to have a proprietary battery and keep stealth looks. The mid drive on production bike would be far more challenging to acquire parts outside oem than a shrouded battery. I think.
For me, all these bikes are a possible purchase- narrowing it down is the trick.

vidwiz said:
Yeah a Haibike would be great. If you could buy one. I am considering the $5500 AMT RX. Vaporware thus far though, they keep getting pushed back, Chris from Long Island Electrics says they're telling him May now which will my luck turn into end of summer. He also says the hai's are more of a bikers bike, they need more physical input than the jumper. Not that I'm opposed to putting my fair share of work in. He says the jumper feels more powerful despite being hub motor driven.

I've been looking hard at the Bafang 750 too, but that motor hanging out below the frame just seems like a recipe for disaster with all the logs and anti erosion berms in my neck of the woods. So I'm currently leaning towards a jumper but I tend to change my mind between the three daily the more I read. I like the fat bikes too but fs choices are rather slim.

Here's my pro/con list if anyone would like to comment or add to:

Pros

Bafang - cheaper, more powerful, faster, throttle, quiet, I can convert back to human powered if necessary,

Jumper - has throttle, quite stealthy, cheaper than hai, bluetooth cellphone interface available, integrated easy and readily available.

Hai - better components and suspension, more responsive pedal assist resulting in easier/safer operation in tough conditions, their mid drive said to be one of the best, probably has the largest range/most efficient, good weight distribution, usb port on battery

Cons

Bafang - more work building bike and researching/ordering/waiting for parts and tools, motor is exposed/limited clearance, difficult to find modern fs bike with favorable bb/frame construction and room in triangle for battery

Jumper - only successful speed mod I've heard of is adding extra battery in series to up the voltage, rear hub driven, Medium frame only yet still has a lofty top tube, mixed reports on suspension but probably not that great in the broad scheme of things.

Hai - expensive, lack of availability, no throttle, gen2 speed mod questionable

Perhaps we should add GNG to the list. It's rather robust and some members have landed on the motor using it like it's a bash guard. :wink:

Unfortunately, the bottom bracket is garbage and can't take any serious off road use. The good thing is that there is pretty much a fix for every short coming on the GNG set up.

Another Con I'd add for the Bafang is its very crude PAS system. People have mentioned it makes shifting difficult since they have to alter their cadence for the load to drop on the chain. They should add a handlebar switch... maybe integrate it with the thumb throttle so the rider can kinda use it to cut the load when shifting... sorta like shifting on a car or motorcycle with a clutch.

Fxr3 said:
The word "proprietary" comes up a lot….. concerning batteries. It would be hard not to have a proprietary battery and keep stealth looks. The mid drive on production bike would be far more challenging to acquire parts outside oem than a shrouded battery. I think.
For me, all these bikes are a possible purchase- narrowing it down is the trick.

I agree. There's no perfect bike for everyone. There are different aspects that appeal more to others regardless how well others perceive their function in their own environments.

When I allowed a fellow ES member to demo two GNG mid-drive builds, he had commented how his 1000W hub set up would not be able to handle the trails and inclines where we were riding. Of course, even in the realm of hub motors, there are those which are better for cruising and some better for climbing.

Thank goodness for the diversity of e-bike options out there. We can definitely find something that fits our wants/needs. No doubt we can all agree that it's a beautiful and capable bike.

bh-neo-jumper.jpg

Image lifted from: http://ebikestore.com/151-bh-neo-jumper.html

Anyhow, I apologize for derailing this thread. Let's try to keep this about the Neo Jumper. :wink:

Back