BionX battery mounting rail?

gupperino

1 mW
One of my dads Facebook friends just gave me an old BionX “triangle” style battery. It’s just a 36v 9ah Li-Mn rectangle battery inside a weird looking traingle hard case (kinda looks like a shark fin). It has a mounting system that requires a rail that it slides into, and I believe you screw the rail to your frame somehow. But, my dilemma is that the rail wasn’t found when I got the battery, so I have no way of mounting it with the key lock feature, something I was excited about. I looked online and these docks are usually $200 and there is no way on this earth I’m spending that much on a piece of metal with wires. So if anyone knows of any off brand rails withOUT connectors (as I’m gonna be rewiring it with a BMS and new connectors) that can allow me to mount this battery to my frame, let me know. I’m not interested in spending more than 20-30 dollars, because for that much I may as well buy a new hard case with a rail (which is an option I guess).

Thanks !

BionX is out of business in the US, and somewhat unknown status in the EU. You're not going to find a rail cheap at this point.

Sell the pack to someone who is desperately looking for it, and buy something else decent. You'll come out ahead.

Syonyk said:
BionX is out of business in the US, and somewhat unknown status in the EU. You're not going to find a rail cheap at this point.

Sell the pack to someone who is desperately looking for it, and buy something else decent. You'll come out ahead.

Well at this point I’ve already decided I’m gonna rewire a bms and put the battery back in commission, but I may sell it later. Honestly I’m very close to just finding a cloth sleeve for it clamping it to my bike. 60 cells actually don’t take a lot of room .

Back