Bionx err 22 and battery connector pin assignment

the3rd8

1 mW
First of all I want to say Hi to everyone on the board and introduce myself as a Bionx newbie.

I have a BIONX kit wit fw 5.7 and while I was checking the diagnostics I found it shows err 22. When discharged, the battery show 33V or less via the console but the dealer says the console may not be accurate due to the firmware and the only way to tall for sure is to measure the battery with a voltmeter.
This kit should be a PL350 HT but I'm wondering whether it's just a PL250? The reason I'm questioning this is because I'm barely getting 20 km out of one charge.

I googled it back and forth but couldn't find any documentation showing how to measure the voltage on the battery directly.

Could anyone explain how to measure the battery and what err 22 means?

On some models, you can measure the voltage by sticking your volt meter into the charge port.
Do you have a pic of your battery.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I was able to measure the battery through the charge port.

It seems like the battery loses about 1V over night after being fully charged and with the charger left plugged in. It showed 40.4V when measured, then plugged in the charger again and after an hour or so it was 41.4V when the charger stopped.

I would still like to know what err 22 means and how can I tell if the battery is healthy?

Have a read thru this post.

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-297387.html

I read through that thread but I can't find anything relevant on how low the battery's voltage should get or what is err 22.

BTW: Mine is a newer model with CANBUS and I can't bypass the speed limit unless I change the wheel size. I've been told that it can be done though through a device that only the dealer has. I've been told the speed can bumped up 48km/h but never seen it.

The battery is made up from a 6p10s.

Individual cell voltage ranges from 3.0 to 4.2
So the range is between 30 and 42 volts.
I would probably not let it fall below 33volts

Does you battery stay at around 40.5 volts or does it continue to drop without load?

Error Codes
20 SMC_ERROR_VCTRL No battery voltage
21 SMC_ERROR_VPRCH Precharge at switch-on
22 SMC_ERROR_RELAY Relay bad
23 SMC_ERROR_BMS Battery Management System
25 SMC_ERROR_LOWBATT Battery too empty
26 SMC_ERROR_NOTPRESENT No communication with battery
27 SMC_ERROR_RTC RealTimeClock bad
28 SMC_ERROR_DCDC DCDC (feed lighting) bad
40 MOT_NOT_PRESENT No communication with motor

Thanks much for the error codes.

I haven't checked how much it drops if left for several days but now that I found the pins to measure I will.
Low temperature should not be a factor as we are still in the 15-18 range at night where I live.

Back