bionx motor

m3vuv

100 W
Hi all,i have a bionx direct drive hub motor,i need to remove the steel ring with the magnets on it too refit it into a chineese motor body,any ideas how to remove it from the bionx casing,is it just an interferance press fit?,see pic,thats it sitting inside the magnets on the chineese hub motor,i plan on fitting it by bonding it with epoxy or drilling and tapping the chineese hub and fitting grub screws into the bionx steel band with the magnets on,the bionx axle will fit the original chineese side covers,i want to use the bionx stator as the windings are thicker and better quality rather than have to rewind my bured out chinese motor.20230916_223012.jpg

Attachments

• 20230916_223022.jpg
    20230916_223022.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
If it is interference fit you may be able to separate the magnet ring by freezing the whole thing overnight, then quickly heating the outer aluminum housing with a simple propane torch to get it to expand in relation to the (still frozen) inner steel ring. Trick is not to heat it so much that it transfers heat to the magnet ring, and especially the magnets.

Didn't Grin Tech do a teardown video of this motor?

Yeah, they used a gear puller to get it apart in the Grin video.

well the bionx magnet ring is in the chinese motor hub,it nearly had my fingers off when it went in,crazy amount of force!,theres about a 1mm gap on one side,i need to shim it central then fix it with grub screws or bond it,will there be any advantage runing the bionx magnet ring+ stator in place of the chinese one?,the bionx has less poles 43 and the chinese had 51,the bionx has less magnets but there twice the size,also the bionx has wire about 420230918_190440.jpg20230918_190501.jpgmm as oposed too the chinese .5mmx10.

Last edited:
Back