Bms alloy shell charger

mxer

1 kW
Hi guy's, Was going to go down the meanwell root for charging my 12s1p pack but due to complications on the clones going to give it a miss and go for the alloy shell chargers from BMS as a plug and play solution...

I have 2 x turnigy 5ah 6 cell lipo's brand never had a cycle yet, planning to do that while waiting for alloy shell with my ballance charger to gain stability between the cells and then series them...

what would be the best voltage to have it set at factory for new cells? and from then on in are they easy to adjust the voltage and how? does any one have one?..

Many thanks in advance :wink:

edit: also the BMS site show's 30amp Andersons, I'm using 4 ml bullet HXT's should i go to the Andersons or request the HXT's?

Yes, you can adjust the voltage, you just need to take the top off and adjust a trim pot. Have a look at the two threads below, there are explanations in both. In terms of charge voltage, for long battery life it is good to charge to 4.15 per cell (4.2v per cell is fully charged, but stopping at 4.15 will give you longer life), which for 12S would be 49.8. Whether you will get such fine tuning though is another thing. I find mine slightly vascilates on its final voltage by a few points of voltage.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29096

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33405

Yep! I ordered mine and my brothers @ 49.9 or 4.16/cell.

I've had bad experiences with bms battery in the past, but they're a good option IMHO.

I've been using one of their chargers for 3 months. It came in two weeks, and was perfectly adjusted to 4.15v per cell for my 22s pack.

I've had bad experiences with bms battery in the past, but they're a good option IMHO.
I agree with that, i had a bad experience with them and lost my money, seems they do not take responsibility for their mistakes nevertheless i have got several good items from them.

Back