BMS facts and how to charge lifepo4 without it!

the shunt transistor turns on and diverts the current around the cell and through the shunt resistor when the cell reaches full voltage. the resistor divider bridge is under the black goop and you can see the spots on the other side where they add a few resistors in parallel at final test to calibrate the shunt switching voltage exactly. you will see a, b and c for the extra resistors used to calibrate it. as i recall.

Maxwell,
Thanks for the great tutorial! I'm sitting here waiting for the USPS delivery today of my first Lifepo4 Pack. I just learned everything I need to know! this website is a great resource for the technology of the present and future.

Been running Lipos and am tired of spending more time with my chargers than my bike.

Gotta go, the mail truck is here (really) Thanks again!

Maxwell,

Thankx for all the work you did on this post. I intend to search out everything you've done here at ES.

As a future owner of your upcoming frame, I must admit: I AM AN IDIOT WHO BARELY KNOWS HOW TO POST IN RED WHEN IT COMES TO ES AND EBIKES! I'll certainly use both a BMS and regular cell checkups. I admire the ebike geeks who've made DIY possible, but will never spend my time knowing all the details. I'd rather invest free time in playing with my high end stereo and GF.

Thankx again.

?????????

Yes, you seem to be an idiot. (and do not take this statement lightly)

Juiced,

If you reread previous posts on this topic you'll see I was happily informed about BMS facts, and that there was a discussion about posting in LARGE RED. I was complimenting Maxwell for his info. You missed previous dialogue and focused only on my reply. Whether or not you get my sense of humor, I take flames very, very, exceedingly lightly.

Drink good beer and...

Happy Trails!

I agree that I miss read your post. :oops:
For some reason I have not been notified on a regular basis via email that other posts
have been made to this thread.

Maybe a better indication that is was humor would have helped as other folks visit this site and roam the pages too?

One of the reasons I had not been here too much was all of the squabbling. I mistook your fun as some of that....

First round of beer is on me!

Howdy from Jackson Hole!

Due to the beauty of ES, I've checked out your posts and know you're not a trouble maker. You're my first entry to ES "friends". I'm posting this publicly so that the community can see we're cool with each other, and that things are much deeper and better than they would have been without a very minor spat.

I appreciate your advice to give more hints of my self deprecating sense of humor. In addition to fascination with ebikes, we undoubtedly both share a dislike of large RED type and emotocons :| :cry: :roll: :!:

At any rate, we live in a small log house just south of Grand Teton/Yellowstone parks. If/when you and friends visit out beautiful area, you're welcome to camp in our yard with full access to the house. I'd be honored to buy you 3 too many beers at what many argue is the best small brewery in America: http://www.snakeriverbrewing.com/. Do not forget or take this invitation lightly; it's perpetual.

Thankx for making the world a greener and more fun place.

Happy Trails!
MountainSufi

http://www.jacksonholetantra.com/

Thank you for the great invite! I am sure we could have some spirited discussions on may a topic.

You are also very welcome here on the coast of SC where the morning sun warms you face and beer here is also cold, ( but not as local! )

Take care!

Crazy EV Ed

Hi everyone,

here is the complete question:

I have a 48 volt BMS that i would like to use on a 36 volt battery pack.

Would it be possible to simply not use the "extra" wires for the cells that are "missing"?

thanks,

JohnnyMoped

hacking the BMS from 16S down to 12S is more complicated but it can be done. what kinda BMS do you have? maybe someone will trade with you to solve your problem. i know how to hack most of them except the digital ones.

Back