BMT - using a BionX motor with no-name battery and Kunteng display

stancecoke

100 kW
We have developed and tested a module based on a STM32 "bluepill" board, that let's you drive your BionX motor without a BionX console and without a BionX battery. The first prototypes are soldered from various modules on a perfboard.

Everything is available as open source in english on github, code, schematic and wiki :)

index.php

Discussion in the german forum:
https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/bmt-bionx-motor-mit-no-name-akku-und-kunteng-display-betreiben.79599/post-1516083

[youtube]gEE0aXB8e7c[/youtube]

Now we are looking for someone, who can design a PCB layout, where the modules can be soldered to, without doing all the wiring manually, or even design a layout with the electronic components itself placed directly on the PCB ready for ordering at JLC or similar service providers.

I hope we can inspire someone to help. :D
I tried to do a PBC layout myself several years ago and decided, that this is not my main talent :shock:

regards
stancecoke

The second user has soldered his BMT now :thumb:

I've done the next test ride with an external BB torquesensor (E-Rider T9. Due to IGH3 Motor, that has no internal strain gauge) successfully 8)

regards
stancecoke

index.php

index.php

The first test ride with the internal strain gauge was successful :thumb:
Now we are looking for further improvements of the algorithm, how to process the strain gauge signal for a smooth but agile respond of the motor power to the riders force and cadence on the pedal. Suggestions are welcome! :D

regards
stancecoke

index.php

index.php

Hi

I'm very interested in this project. How can I help? I'm mechanical engineer, no electrics. I' m realy experienced with 3D-CAD. Prefered German language ;)

Fritz

fritz@fritzhauser.com said:
Prefered German language

then you better join the german pedelecforum.de
There are much more active BionX users:
https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/bmt-bionx-motor-mit-no-name-akku-und-kunteng-display-betreiben.79599/

We (thanks to @reinosmart :thumb: ) have developed a PCB with THT meanwhile, the next step for a wider use of the development would be a SMD-board, fully assembled for plug and play, ready to be ordered at JLCPCB or a similar service. Or a guy, who builds and sells the PCBs in a proper housing....

regards
stancecoke

Hello !
I'm trying to insert the BMT project from github.com into my STM32 Workbench program, and I can't. The truth is that I don't know this program at all and I don't know how to proceed. What should I do? to compile and obtain a binary (or hexa) file? Can Bluepill be programmed with the help of the program, or with the Arduino IDE? I have the ST-Link V2 interface and the serial interface (FTDI) Can you help me?

Back