Bosch Gen 1 50 Nm VS TSDZ2 @ 52v

On a steep climb today with the 36v Bosch I noticed it was a notable amount easier than the TSDZ2 running at 52v.

The climb was around 16-20% at the steepest and it was easier with the Bosch and not only that, it has more power at slower cadence, you can hear the motor spin faster than the TSDZ2 at slower cadence while providing more power.

The Bosch could do that climb all day long every single day and not have any issue what-so-ever.

Most of the power is probably turning to heat in the TSDZ2.

The TSDZ2 is rated as 80 Nm, that's absolute Horse Shit.

If someone is looking for decent power for serious hills I would strongly advise to get a BBS02 or a BBSHD as they are known to have a lot of power, then again, I have not tested them personally.

Now time to see if I can sell the whole new bike build and on to the next perhaps lol.

POWERS.jpg

Have you checked how much power TSDZ2 was using? 250W or more?

Sorry, only seeing this post now.

My 850c display does not show the power.

I have flashed the motor with the v20.1C.2 firmware but can't flash the 850c display so will have to make do without power meter.

Anyway, at 36v the Bosch is more powerful, a lot of power is turning to heat with the TSDZ2.

The new firmware is supposed to make the motor more powerful and efficient, we'll see when the weather improves, currently not very nice weather here, very windy and mist and drizzle.

One thing for sure, with stock Firmware 80 Nm it is certainly not, very far from it.

Not sure why you can't flash the 850?? You need to have the same firmware in the engine and display for this system to work properly.

Sorry, only seeing this post now.

My 850c display does not show the power.

I have flashed the motor with the v20.1C.2 firmware but can't flash the 850c display so will have to make do without power meter.

Anyway, at 36v the Bosch is more powerful, a lot of power is turning to heat with the TSDZ2.

The new firmware is supposed to make the motor more powerful and efficient, we'll see when the weather improves, currently not very nice weather here, very windy and mist and drizzle.

One thing for sure, with stock Firmware 80 Nm it is certainly not, very far from it.

The 850c display is not recommended to flash and it's not supported so I can't find this firmware for the display ?

I didn't realize they dropped support for 850? I was running one of those a year ago or so before changing to 860 for brightness. You could perhaps revert to one of those earlier OSF versions that supported 850. But best to just get an 860, obviously.
The 850c display is not recommended to flash and it's not supported so I can't find this firmware for the display ?

Looks like 20.1C that supports 850C is still here. That's the version I ran for a year or so and it worked well. It might be lacking some minor tweaks or features, but rode just fine IIRC.

Release Open source firmware TSDZ2-v20.1C-860C · emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C · GitHub
Thanks for the link.

It should work without updating the display shouldn't it ? if it does I might not update the display and just keep it on the stock display firmware with the v20.1C.2 update 2 on the motor and think about getting the 860 display and then updating the motor to the latest version.

I mean it does work when I turn the pedals I just won't have any advanced functions with the display.

I'd definitely update the display to ensure it is the same as the controller. What firmware did the 850 come with? Do you even know? I wouldn't risk operating TSDZ2 with different firmwares in display and controller.

I'd definitely update the display to ensure it is the same as the controller. What firmware did the 850 come with? Do you even know? I wouldn't risk operating TSDZ2 with different firmwares in display and controller.
I have no idea what firmware the 850c display came with.

Get the display and motor on the same version of firmwares. You could ask MBrusa what the issues with running non-matching firmware in the other thread if you really want to go down that road... which I would not recommend. The one I linked above.

Get the display and motor on the same version of firmwares. You could ask MBrusa what the issues with running non-matching firmware in the other thread if you really want to go down that road... which I would not recommend. The one I linked above.
From what I read on the other thread is that the issue is that there is a good chance of it getting bricked.

Back