Bosch Powerpack 500 with only 420Wh

I own a repair shop and a customer came in with the statement that his range is way less than others with a powerpack 500.
i check the tire pressure, wheel alignment, brakes etc. Nothing wrong.
When capacity testing the battery I only measure 420Wh, despite the battery barely being used. It's 4 years old, yes, but that should'nt have that much influence on the capacity.
So i decide to open the battery to check the balance of the cells and see the following:
20231027_105539.jpg
This pack from 2019 has 30Q cells in it, meaning the capacity is only 12Ah instead of the stated 13.4Ah.

Nothing but dishonest practices.

You only get 420Wh from the start, might as well buy a powerpack 400 then and save yourself €200.
I know it's always a gamble which cells you get with the Bosch powerpacks, but atleast so far it was always cells of atleast 3.3Ah, like the LGMJ1, Samsung 35E or Sony VC7. If you had bad luck you get a Sanyo pack, but never a 12Ah instead of 13.4Ah.

The date on the BMS matches the pack, so i'm sure this is an original. Also the spotwelds and nickelstrip are 100% original.

And a Powerpack 400 with EVE low quality cells. So that's why there's no specified cells in their documentation.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2023-10-27 om 20.24.14.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-10-27 om 20.24.14.png
    502.3 KB · Views: 11
The 400Wh EVE cells heat up to 50°C when discharged at 5A. Yet they use these batteries on speedpedelecs with 800W...

I've seen some BAK 29V cells in a Powerpack 400.
MJ1, MG1, Sanyo GA

It can also be that someone swapped an original battery filet. I had that happen once. Very rare but scammers do like to be inventive. I saw it directly by the "safety" sign but yeah, too late. Money gone. Original distribution company had to pay as a warranty claim.

When you buy a black box, you're supposed to leave yourself in the dark.

i check the tire pressure, wheel alignment, brakes etc. Nothing wrong.
When capacity testing the battery I only measure 420Wh, despite the battery barely being used. It's 4 years old, yes, but that should'nt have that much influence on the capacity.
This pack from 2019 has 30Q cells in it, meaning the capacity is only 12Ah instead of the stated 13.4Ah.

Nothing but dishonest practices.

lucky those packs don't have 30Q leaking voltage cells !! just sayin..

Samsung 30Q cells tend to get voltage voltage leak problem over time, maybe a random cronic 30Q disease..
no one knows why, but it could happen sometimes, anywhere at time frame usage.. (if just one cell is leaking, the whole pack is almost ruinned, but it still workin..)

30Q cells are beauty pink cells & great specifications.. buttt not recommend building new batteries with thosee.. (I'm not anti 30Q cells..)

Bosch brand is the most advanced engineered company at Europe and maybe one of tha best wordwide, but why usin 30Q???
and why a top company would lie about specifications??

Back