• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Brake caliber Alignment Problem

rogerc

1 W
:x :x
Installing a Mac T10 on a Giant Revel with disc brakes.
Due to the wide hub I have had to add washers to bring the arm holding the brake caliber out a few MM so it won't rub against the caliber.
Now I can't get the disc to fit into where the pads are. I have added washers onto the the disc so that it is out a little farther but can't get the right fit.
Been doing it by trial and error and it is taking forever and very frustrating.
How does everyone fit a wide hub and disc brakes and make it all line up and fi correctly.
Do I need the 2.5 mm disc brake spacer or what?

Thanks
RC

Using washers and spacers can make a fit, but never as stiff as a custom mounting bracket. Using a larger rotor is another sound solution, getting the caliper out of the motor perimeter will let you fit a standard bracket and any caliper.

Madrhino,
Thanks for the reply, in short why didn't I think of that?
Measured it all out and the 180 MM upgrade will be very closed in having the caliber clear the hub. This would be the best install and will probably do this later.
For now after numerous efforts at washers I have an almost perfect fit and will put it together this way for now.
RC

Back