Broken / chipped magnet makes motor have bad sound!!

hydro-one

10 kW
Ive got a thunk thunk sound , once per revolution. only makes the sound when power is applied, even when coasting, if u give a slight twist its almost as if its trying to rip itself apart!!.......seems to smooth out at higher speed.

So I noticed a magnet has a 5mmX 7mm chunkc or chip out of the top of it, right where the halls go by.......could this be the source of the thunk?? some sort of electrical misfire?

Can i fix this by glueing back the small piece that is broken off?? The piece was in there, somewhat separated from its parent magnet, little gap between them, the noise seemed to get worse when i took the broken piece out of the motor. but it was there before with the chunk still hanging there.....

So my halls are getting a frocked signal becaue of the magnet being broken there???? I can almost hear the thunk inside my controller it seems..........the whole bike just thunks.....

mike :mrgreen:

santacruz bullit
ht3525 15s lipo

Help!

someone has had this ....im gonna take pics when i take it apart again....(been off a dozen times this year already). i guess it got chipped reasembling (i do it the fast way :mrgreen: ).

i need a scope!!!! anybody recoommend a cheap usb scope that will work troubleshooting issues such as this???

I repaired a magnet. It was on the outside of my Honda 20HP sawmill engine for the spark to the plugs.

It will be tough to get the pieces clean enough to stick well. Get some spray brake cleaner, and let it do the job. I used epoxy. The motor you have will get warm-hot, so, you need to find something to stick the magnet together that will stand up to the heat.

Takes a very little amount, so the pieces are the same height, so the lams don't strike it as it turns. Be sure the halls don't touch it, also.

Back