• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

build my custom Lipo Battery 18s2p

Whitehawk

10 W
Hi guys !

On my last build I was using 12 x 4s hardcase 24s2p, // charging without balance lead with my 2x400w charger, and doing a balance charge on each pack sometimes.

Now I'm thinking of 18s2p build like that to balance charge & monitor easily, using 36 cells 5ah 20C of hardcase too after desolder them :

I just need another 200w charger to charge the 3 pack on same time, not a problem, I have a 1080w power supply with 4 ports.
And the PCB to solder the cells .. :)

What do you think of that ? & do you know a guy that can craft this PCB for me ?
Thanks !

Charging without balancing is scary (to me anyway)

I like using a para-board

It allows you to balance charge all your batteries at once (6 per board)

If you have more than 6 batteries you can daisy-chain another para-board to the first and charge 6 more batteries

This way, every charge is a balance charge

Any advantage to charging without balancing?

I plan to // charge if you understand my draw ;) with 3 chargers :)

I bought a para board .. used one time no problem, and the second time it burn when I begin to charge, f*cking chinese quality :mrgreen:
But it's boring to plug a lot of connectors, and these board are too weak to charge at high power.

your charger power should not be going through the little balancing boards in any case. the power should go into the battery pack through the terminal at the plus and minus ends of the battery. the balancing board is meant to handle balancing currents which are tiny compared to the charging current. just seems like it would be simpler and more cost effective to use an 18S BMS and bulk charger to charge up that pack, imo.

Back