Building a demo bike for the bike shop

dsullivan

1 W
New project. The local bike pro shop wants me to build a light reasonably priced cruiser kit.
It will be installed on a retro style, feet forward, granny kind of bike.
Must look minimal. I want this to be a 20amp maximum setup.

I am willing to install connectors and to do all my own work.
My lack of experience with different vendors leads me to ask, where can I get the best prices on reasonable parts that I can DIY together.

If this turns out well in a reasonable price range we could be order a thousand more, real soon.
Any suggestions.
Yes I have reviewed the site and I find the reviews to broad.

Thanks Dave

Your LBS would do well to start schmoozing the local politicos to actually pass affirmative ebike legislation before sinking a large amount of money into product. While doing that they could campaign for a higher wattage engine due to N.B. being the beginning of the Appalachian mountain range. US limit is 750W try for 1000W.

I was thinking of doing a demo bike for an lbs here at Purdue, but they problem is that I would have to be responsible for technical support should something break. Educating the shop about the stuff is good. What are you getting out of this?

Since you are in Canada, you might look at a kit from Grin for a prototype. But a small gearmotor such as the muxus kit cellman sells or similar motors they can lace themselves from bms battery might be more cost effective for small scale production.

I like my Aotema sensorless motor real nice on a cruiser. much less wiring with a sensorless dd motor. High Tek Bikes is the USA dealer.

Back