BUYER BEWARE - DHGATE.COM in China

I've bought hundreds of items from Amazon and Dhgate (China) with few problems. The last ones were dead/incomplete, so I relied on Dhgate's "guarantee" -- FAIL!

About 3 years ago, Dhgate really impressed me, because they had "follow up" customer service from California(!) phone to make sure I was satisfied with some items that didn't arrive and were already refunded.

Amazon also came out of favor with many buyers because of their censorship of negative reviews. (Surf: Amazon censors..big brother.)

However, this year, Dhgate ruled in favor of two disputes where I had the proof in video clips (since "proof" for disputed items can only consist of 4 photos, on dhgate, and no way to add any text with it.

I also complained to customer service, who says that I should have received an email from an "analyst" -- which I didn't.

BUYER BEWARE OF DHGATE.COM in China, for anybody looking for reviews, especially batteries that may later catch fire (e.g. "protected" LiPo cells that are falsely advertised.)

I FOUND THAT THIS DHGATE BUYER PROTECTION TO BE FALSE, AS OF 2016:
http://www.dhgate.com/protection.html

The solution to this problem is to have your credit card company reverse the charge. Talk to the Disputes Dept.

Don't waste time with the customer service at Dhgate or Aliexpress.

Back