Can anyone do me up some custom torque arms ?

Jestronix

10 kW
Looking for someone to help me out with sourcing some custom torque arms. Stainless steel and hold 14kw :)

I have gotten away with my home dodgy torque arms for way too long and would like to do it right on my new build :)

If you can build an ebike, you can make your own custom torque arms. What metal working tools do you have?

John in CR said:
If you can build an ebike, you can make your own custom torque arms. What metal working tools do you have?

I did my own before they had too much play. I have a dremel lol no drill press or anything to round off the shape. Would rather it done right this time. 14kw I need to make sure it's rock solid.

I never used a dremel to make torque plates. It must be very time consuming. :D

I use angle grinder, Zip discs, files and hand drill. I make them through axle, bolt on type, so the torque plates are staying on the motor when I take off the wheel. This is letting me making them very tight fit since they won't need to slide on and off the axle. I just file and try, until I can press them in.

MadRhino said:
I never used a dremel to make torque plates. It must be very time consuming. :D

I use angle grinder, Zip discs, files and hand drill. I make them through axle, bolt on type, so the torque plates are staying on the motor when I take off the wheel. This is letting me making them very tight fit since they won't need to slide on and off the axle. I just file and try, until I can press them in.
That's an interesting method and makes sense. Yeh dremel was glowing red !

Back