Can someone recommend a replacement motor?

swbluto

10 TW
Hello, I'm looking for a replacement for this motor: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3890&Product_Name=HXT_63-74_200kv_Brushless_Outrunner_(Eq:5240)

Number one thing is that the replacement CAN'T be longer. It can be wider, however. I burnt out my old one and I'm looking for one that's a hell of a lot more maintainable than this one was. It appears the outside of the windings were impregnated with some kind of glue and that made taking off the windings an utter SOB. In the process of taking off the front of the stator, it appears I damaged the laminations and now it just represents absolute frustration to me.

So, anyone know of motor that's maintainable? That is, if I burn out the windings, taking out the windings and replacing them won't be a horrifying experience? From this view point, I suppose a kit motor would be ideal because then I'd know it wouldn't be screwed up to begin with. I have my own wire, so I guess all I need is a stator, the bell, the bearings, the shaft, the... uhhh, everything else besides the wire.

http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_25_85&products_id=549

It appears this may be suitable. It appears to be smaller, but yet has similar kV / resistance characteristics so it looks like it'd work as far as size goes.

But... is there something wrong with something? Bearing placement? The amount of bearings? It's being used in a scooter, connected by belt drive, and my previous motor always wore out the front bearing. But, that's probably unrelated to the motor other than , possibly, small bearings.

Does it look like the adapter would have the same "bolt pattern" (shape and size) on the outside holes as the HXT motors? I'm not sure if it's an industry standard, but it'd be pretty sweet if it was because then I could just attach and plug and play.

Also, are these motors reputed to be more easily maintainable? Considering it has a high temperature design, I'm not sure how hot I'll need to cook it before I could separate the front of the motor, assuming I'll need to. It'd be awesome if I didn't have to separate the front of the motor from the stator to rewind the motor, assuming it's attached by epoxy or something else that's a maintenance nightmare.

Wow, I actually took the motor apart by ... unscrewing it! Amazing! It seems this motor is at least partially maintainable.

Hey Man,

I have a 5 turn CNC addict motor new in the box I could sell. It cost me $190.

If you are interested, let me know.

Hope all is well other than that. I haven't corresponded with you much lately. Good to talk. :)

Matt

Back