Car got broken into, how to prevent my ebike from getting stolen

Better approach - get/build a folding ebike and take it with you. Don't leave it where it can be stolen. Ever.

Failing that - use two or three locks that each require a grinder to break. High end chains or U-locks, best a mixture of the two. Force them to use the noisiest tool, and use it longer than any other bike there. Consider adding one of the very noisy alarms that sets off a shotgun primer or 12 gauge blank if the bike is disturbed, few things attract attention like the sound of gunfire from your bike. Especially the shotgun primers, they are small but make a very large noise.

https://fithops.com/products/209-shotgun-primer-trip-alarm

(Note - I have not tried one of these but have reviewed videos of testing on utube, perhaps it is time to order one for further testing...)

The thing is I see soo many people with just 1 lock... Like tons of bikes and just 1 u lock locked up incorrectly... Walking by those makes me a bit less concerned.

If its parked beside better bikes with weaker locks you should be safe , unless they want that wheel. The wheel could go missing with the controller.

To me a bad paint job makes the bike look hot / stolen.

Back