cargo ebike got stolen today

davec

1 kW
my cargo bike was a katamandu norco 97 model i bought off craigslist attached to a xtracycle free radical -
i paid about 90 for the bike and 300 for the kit - so 400 down the drain- anyway i kept her in a designated biking area- chained to a rack with the front wheel off....(controller-batteries- all removed)
i went to check up on it- and it was gone along with the chain and everything
I can`t believe someone would actually steal something like this

especially when there is no value - maybe they can pawn off the free radica as used(mind you it was rusting too)- but the bike would involve too much effort to put back - and the cost for parts /wheel/ old school derailer/time/re-wiring the breaks-speed shifters- labour would cost more than the bike is worth

my next e-bike will def have a gps theft device installed inside the frame rack

Where do we look dave?
Maybe the council took it. Decided it didn't belong there, and took it away, tidying up after themself's.

where do you live ?

druggies will steal anything

and if you don't know anything about bikes/ebikes it would be easy to look at it and think it's worth a fortune :-(

2 homeless shelters in the area- so more than likely a crack head hoping to pawn it off for a rock
there has been alot of theft in the area apperently

Stealing bikes follows the weather. You can sell stolen bikes good in the spring.

Sorry about your bike.

The bike gps system is a substantial portion of the bike cost and may not even enable a safe recovery.

After my bike was stolen, I decided against replacing it from craigslist because I couldn't tell which of those bikes were stolen. I did buy expensive New York locks and a cheap folding bike so I can keep it with me more of the time.

thx skidoo

life goes on- ill build something bigger and better - like i do every year
ill keep the next one in a storage room somewhere....

if your after a cheap tracking device you can use an old mobile phone as long as it works, just rig it up off a car charger and hide it on your bike somewhere. i use a site called followus you buy credits and pay per track but its real cheap. i use this on my motorbike but can't see why it wont work on a ebike.
adam

Back