Catrike Expe Ready for Tater TOT

Kirk

100 W
Photon is finally ready for the Idaho Trike Only Tour in June. Added a C'Lyte HS3540, Lyens 18FET Low RDS controller, Turnigy Nano-Tech 18s 32Ah Batt. Icecube57 batt. harness and Schwalbe Big Apples all around. All of the power connectors including the batteries were change from 5.5 bullets to XT150s. All of the low power connectors were changed to JST-SM. Those White plastic connectors are junk IMHO. A set of Xtracycle Longhauler bags replaced the Axiom Typhoons to gain a bit of versatility for cargo. I forgot to install reverse in the controller, So I'll Fred Flintstone it until tear down in the fall. I'm thinking of modifying the back of the frame to pull a BOB Ibex trailer and possibly designing a rear suspension. That will have to wait for stress analysis.
8429631465_b32dbd6063_c.jpg

She is starting to get on the heavy side. At last weigh in she was 71.5Lbs. My speed on flat ground with no wind was 45 mph. Perhaps a battery up grade to 20s is in order when finances allow. On the other hand that is more then enough margin to keep me safe on the road and it will be wiser to wait on future battery improvements in size and cost.
Running errands around town etc. in stop and go traffic she is averaging 21 Wh/Mi. Hopefully that will drop to around 15 Wh/Mi. on the open road.

Happy Trails

parajared said:
I like your cargo bay. It hides the hub and keeps things looking clean.

I have it cinched up a bit, so it would show in the photo. With a few items in the bags, like groceries or something the bags completely conceal the hub. I popped the side cases, gave it two coats of Urathane and drilled the covers. Hopefully there will be enough airflow when the bags are loaded and hiding everything.

8433052260_e8af3d50ae_c.jpg

I love your ride Kirk. Hope you have great fun on the trip.

This is what I hope to emulate when I get to do a build like this.

Get us some video if you can.

Back