Charger with no voltage output after adjusting pot

marcn

100 W
Hi All,

I've been using a charger rated to 87.6v @6A purchased off Paul at em3ev for quite some time. Only up until a few minutes ago, the charger was working fine, although outputting 85.5v. I wanted to bring it up to 86.1v or there abouts, so I've tried adjusting one the pot closest to the DC output and edge by less than a quarter turn, and now the charger reads 0.03v at the output. I've returned the trim to the original position, and the same thing occurs. There's also a very soft humming noise now that I did not notice before. Lights etc all switch on fine.

Would anyone know what's wrong with it?

hA6l4H_3cfaxMNKrXUTL5gT9TyUqEp_wbJFtvQp1ScM

Hard reset?
1. Return pot to original position
2. Unplug from input power
3. Confirm all power discharged
Apply load or wait till indicator led goes dark ... then wait a while longer
4. Plug in
5. Test for proper function
OK?
Not OK ...
On board battery to retain charge data? = (Some risk - contact manufacturer 1st?) disconnect battery, repeat above.
Still not OK?
6. Contact manufacturer?

Didn't know that was possible. Not sure what's involved in applying load while the charger is off? I've waited around for the charger to completely discharge to no effect.

Couldn't see an on board circuit battery.

I'll wait to see what Paul says.

Paul mentioned that there's a relay fitted, so the battery needs to be connected to the charger for it to read any output voltage. Silly me didn't even check that.

Adjusted the voltage, current, and when the light switches to trickle mode, and all is great again!

Back