charging to batteries in Serie

greg_p

100 mW
All,

I am on the point to share my 20s lifepo4 battery into 2 12S batteries (I add 4 cells), each with BMS to balance it.
my order to the cell supplier was with a 43.8V new charger as my current one cannot go under 50V. But I think I could spare to buy a new one by charging the 2 batteries in series... After all, each battery is made of cells in serie, so no matter if they come from one pack or another, the important matter is that all cell is monitored to not go overcharged.
I just want to have your opignon on this as, If I can spare a charger (in addition to save dolphins and euros), I could also plan a charge wire on my bike that will avoir to move battery out of their bag each time I need to load it.

The only issue I have is that I will have more BMS cut once max voltage will be reached, but I don't fell it will change from charging 2 batteries. I may think that I can keep charger ON for more time because actually, when a BMS is cutting, ions are reorganizing and voltage change. That would be great if BMS can sync together so that when one charger is cutting to start balancing, the second can do it.

Back