Confused about power ratings...

milesinfront said:
10in is the OD of the tyre... Current gearing is about 5:1 (11t/56t) I can get a 72t sprocket off the shelf. (large dia sprocket does increase risk of ground contact however) From memory 5krpm at the motor was ~60km/h. I may still need to invent a 2 stage reduction...

what about dropping down a chain size ( if you are running a 8mm ), this will make things a little easier. I would look at running at 12s ( 50v hot ) if you use the 63mm 170kv motor. if you use a 72t rear and a 11t front and the circumference of your wheel is around 800mm this will give you a 50v hot off the charger speed of around 60k . I geared a 24" cycle for around 65k using one of the smaller motors, it was more than capable but did lack a bit of excitement when accelerating hard, but it was only limited to 3kw at the time :mrgreen:

Edit:
this 60k would be the loaded speed, but from my experiences with these motors it will more like 65k anyway, start with the most reduction you can fit then work down.

He is buying a C80100-130 and a 6fet controller to run at about 5kw at 18S from me, So if he runs that 11-72 sprockets then he should be good for a max of 60km/h loaded speed. What ever happens should be a interesting little scooter. Might have to get this thread moved or start up a build thread in the Stand up scooter forum :)

Speaking of interesting... I'm also getting a Lyen 18fet controller, spec'd for 20s! ;) I figure the 63-74 and 6fet controller would be nice for another project... There's a blog/build thread already:- http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34786 I'll definitely need to build a front brake. I have a wheel with a disc, but the forks need widening to fit it all in. A steering damper will also be a help if I start going real fast...

The Keywin/e-crazyman ( Lyen controllers ) seem to be able to do everything that the kellys can for less and in a smaller package

Do they offer a torque mode? I think kellys do (not sure tough).

Back