Confused

tazz1127

1 µW
So I have a 15k watt stealth bomber clones. Came with sw900 display switched display to ukc1 display did not change speed sensor wire and just by changing the screen have notice a huge difference in my battery life. According to new display I can only go half the distance I used to with sw900 display does anyone have any ideas on why it seems like my battery life was cut in half?

For your sake I hope there’s a simple fix, because that sucks.

I could speculate, but have nothing practical to offer other than suggesting that you ensure that the connection between battery and display isn’t compromised.

If you never took your own measurements, then you’ve no evidence that the old display read correctly. It’d be natural to want to believe the higher of the two readings, but not logical. Both could be poor representations of actual capacity.

Either way, your battery life wasn’t actually halved. You can measure the capacity with basic equipment. If I was in your shoes, where I’ve been given grounds to doubt the veracity of the displays, I’d want to do that.

I understand it's just crazy that with the other display I could go 15 20 miles and and still show all 5 bars. If I go that distance now on this display I get range anxiety. It's crazy.

Does it still go the same distance before the system shuts down?

If so, the new display is simply programmed wrong for your battery pack voltage, and you'd have to change those settings per the display manual if it has such a setting (or live with it if it doesn't, or change to a display that does have this ability, etc).

If it now has less range than before, the new display has changed the current limit on your controller so it's using more power per distance, so there is less available distance.

If there was a change in performance where the system feels like it works bet ter or accelerates harder or goes faster, then the latter is probably the case.

If that's true, then to get the same range you'd either have to turn down the current limit back to the previous one so it will perform like it used to, or you'd have to change your battery to one capable of supplying both the higher current (A) to maintain performance, *and* higher capacity (Ah) to increase the range.

If you're really not sure, then to find out all of what's really happening with the system, you could install a wattmeter like this (or many others)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013PKYILS/
between the battery and controller, then test with your old display, then with your new one, and find out how much current is being used either way, and how many Ah (or Wh) your battery provides from full to empty.

Ok fair enough thank you. I'm trying to run it to 0 percent battery life to see if it will shut off or degenerate like it used to. Jus riding it up the street and back I'm seeing the display fluctuate as much as double digits in battery life.

Ok fair enough thank you. I'm trying to run it to 0 percent battery life to see if it will shut off or degenerate like it used to. Jus riding it up the street and back I'm seeing the display fluctuate as much as double digits in battery life.
Well, there is your answer. Looks like you have a instrumentation/wiring problem. I've never heard of a battery acting like that.

Back