controller question

soldham

10 W
when i am wireing my controller the small red wire that controlls the the power for the controller. I Have been wireing this wire directly to my main hot wire comen from my battery pack witch is 24s2p for a total off 100volts at 10amp hrs. some how i have burned up two controllers and was wondering if this could have caused it. I had a cromoter and were the disc brake attachs to the wheel it had cut into two of the phase wires when the first controller whent out I fixed that problem and thought everything was fine when I got my second controoler from zombiess it is set for 100volts at 160 amps and I will be dam if I didn't make it 3 miles up the road when it hapened again same phase Now I am lost as what to do can anyone please help.

(moderator edit. Please stop creating multiple threads for the same thing. Be patient and wait for someone ot answer your questions, and/or read the answers people have already posted to your questions. )

I can tell you the ignition wire (small red) is not the problem. I've had mine hooked directly to the packs for 2.5 years now running 24s2p. Shorted phase wires will burn up controller fets though.

when i am wireing my controller the small red wire that controlls the the power for the controller. I Have been wireing this wire directly to my main hot wire comen from my battery pack witch is 24s2p for a total off 100volts at 10amp hrs. some how i have burned up two controllers and was wondering if this could have caused it. I had a cromoter and were the disc brake attachs to the wheel it had cut into two of the phase wires when the first controller whent out I fixed that problem and thought everything was fine when I got my second controoler from zombiess it is set for 100volts at 160 amps and I will be dam if I didn't make it 3 miles up the road when it hapened again same phase Now I am lost as what to do can anyone please help.

soldham
100 mW
100 mW

(moderator edit. Please stop creating multiple threads for the same thing. Be patient and wait for someone ot answer your questions, and/or read the answers people have already posted to your questions. )

I don't use LIPO but a quick look on a couple of RC sites show a full charge voltage of 4.20V, so yours could be 100.8V, maybe it's higher if fresh of charge? What FETs and capacitors are you using, it's probably too much for 4110's FETs, (try 4115's, but lower amp rating) ?
Or reduce from 24S?

If your phase wires are rubbing, you could burn one hundred controllers. :mrgreen:
If I recall right, zombies controllers are 4115 fets, so 24s is not an issue.
Make sure that your wiring is safe and connections secure, before trying a new controller.

I'd say it's not the little red wire. But it might be the right hand.

Back