Crash racing etc Sherp- Amazing off roader - and Worst driving in the world! Insane drifting!

In the very rare occurence have I seen an incident in a youtube video collection of accidents where it would have caused death. Most of the accidents happen with vehicles going in the same direction, usually people changing lanes or the dumb idiot crossing over multiple lanes to get an exit, or someone late trying to exit, or someone merging and crossing the double solid line that converges, or they make it but they go straight across lanes. And its usually a person in a small car doing something wrong.

The best ones are the brake checks that get double and triple hit. Or better yet, the people in cars that get hit by semis and the semi takes their sweet as time to stop as the car driver views the semi's grill up close and personal. I feel sorry for the semi truck drivers because they lose money on their load and future loads and future profits, until truck is fixed, hopefully they can sue for those kinds of losses.

Thing is they dont go off into the weeds safely. A big rig, trying to avoid a dumb car, would easily flip over on its side, costing $5k-$10k to recover and tow plus damages to truck and trailer. Then the added insurance cost. Even if the truck just takes out a sign or tree, they can not continue on to deliver their load or pick up a load.

At 17, I hope you sued, thats worth a ton of money. Well lets just say its worth a lot of money today and in the last 25 yrs.

Few video collections on yt show close calls but they are out there. I would assume close calls dont rake in the clicks for videos or comments or likes or subscriptions where yt'ers get their money.

Matt Gruber said:
Sure it is his fault, but jumping a curb and going off into the weeds could be safer.
When i was 17 a car pulled right in front om me, out of a driveway. BANG :lol: only 35 mph, his insurance paid for the damage 8)
at 40, similar, no time to stop, i cut the wheel full right, somehow missed the car 8)
these videos don't show many of the successful misses- need to be there in person to feel the G's 8)

Yeah, there's the tradeoff, eh? My brother was once driving our brother-in-laws '68 Mustang, bad news if anything happens to it. And if I remember it was the middle of the block where the guy pulls out of a parking lot right in front of him. Since he was inevitably going to tangle with a car in the next lane if he swerved, he only moved to reduce contact with the guy in the way and ping ponged off into the guy in the other lane and then off the block wall along the side of the road.

Since the guy who pulled out paid for it all, brother in law got a leaky radiator replaced, miscellaneous existing body damage repaired before the full body paint job, I don't remember what all but there was some serious progress made toward restoration. He actually wound up complementing my brother on his handling of the situation, as the bro wouldn't have had money to pay for much of anything.

I had my own near miss at 18, first major heart attack moment when I'm at maybe 40 in the number one lane and a guy doesn't bother to pull out into number 2 but comes to my lane literally where he'll hit my front fender on the side as he gets there. The horn made no impression on him. The light had just turned green a few hundred feet away and the cars were coming, but I had the few seconds I needed to swerve that way. Lucky it had been red or I'd have had no room and no way I was swerving into a head on, as I'm sure Mr. Z would agree with. My junk car I had resurrected would have been a total loss if he got me, probably he'd have pushed me into the oncoming traffic anyway.

Not quite the disaster racing you've posted, but some good reckless fun.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2021/04/15/snow-day-nascar-hits-the-ice-in-france/?minutetv=true

Canada's Worst Driver
14 seasons and 115 episodes aired, including five specials
Of the 14 seasons, only five times was a male driver named the worst
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada%27s_Worst_Driver
[youtube]ouov39a4Do0[/youtube]

Here is one I forgot to give you. Have you seen some of the footage of people failing to leap the drawbridge? These people don't realize they were really at the limit.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/04/16/driver-jumps-drawbridge-florida-mh-orig.cnn

Ah yes, the right or left turn across several lanes of traffic because you forgot to move over. This is some of the scariest stuff I've seen. Watched another today with people who just can't control the car going in a straight line, which was bad enough. But this one is deliberate. Next MrBallen makes a video describing some of this.

[youtube]An7IaiXExg0[/youtube]

Worst PASSING i've ever seen :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQwVtG_Ao0&ab_channel=CCTUBE-DrivingFails%26RoadRage

Walking can be dangerous :shock: :twisted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqFlnv908mU&ab_channel=CCTUBE-DrivingFails%26RoadRage

I was driving around today and i saw several bad drivers that reminded me of the videos :roll: i think i reacted faster as i knew what stunts they might of tried. :thumb: :bolt:
Traffic was so bad i was thinking of not renewing my license. :wink:

Back