Crazy 2 wd on Wichita CL

That's bizarre. I'm struggling to see the point of it though. It looks inefficient and you probably lose a lot more than you gain. I wonder how many watts of power are actually being transferred to that front wheel. I'd be very surprised if it was more than 50 watts pedalling hard.

It could be worth something as a collector's item - obviously depending upon how many were built and if there is any demand for them.

I'm not sure that bike is genuine. According to Bikepedia the Legacy Mirage is a 1993 mountain bike. There is no mention of two wheel drive.

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?year=1993&brand=Legacy&model=Mirage#.UgwLW9KxeSo

The Christini on the other hand seems to be the real deal and works much better than a lump of cable hanging off the side. It looks to me like some cobbled together parts from the Christini and added them to an ordinary bicycle, in this case the Legacy bike. The Christini bike has a lever which turns on and off the front wheel drive making it more useful.

[youtube]55zV99mz4w4[/youtube]

Cool, The gears look exactly the same in the back. Except maybe metal instead of plastic. I think I am going to call on the ebike though. I really need something I can take camping that my wife can easily ride. Not sure what motor it is though.

seen it before in MBA in the 90's...

christini 2wd fat tire bike,
Christini-all-wheel-drive-29er-fat-snow-bike01-600x450.jpg

WOW. That christini bike is a beauty. Looks bombproof to me.

Back