Cube Reaction Hybrid HPA SL 500 (2017)

Hi all!

I was surfing around looking for a new commuter. I mostly bike roads but also a little gravel and trails sometimes. Now I have a "trekking" bike with 60mm fork and front hub drive. It feels like I should need something more trail-oriented with mid drive. As I live in a quite hilly area and want to go everywhere.

So I have searched alot, Haibike and others, until I found this Cube. Awesome price for a CX-motor which is, as it seems, amongst the best choices? And it is so beatiful I think! Very nice bike.

Anyone has some opinions of this one? Guess I will need to change front sprocket. And I am also a little worried that the built-in motor will overheat?! But I guess that's not a problem (I have that problem now and hate it).

https://www.cube.eu/sk/2017/e-bike-...reaction-hybrid-hpa-sl-500-blacknglossy-2017/

865170-H-020.jpg

Why not slap on a BBSHD or BBS02 on an existing cube frame for cheaper? FYI : I run a 29er Cube Reaction monster bike ( 29er MTB frame with fat wheels tied to a rigid fork and drop bars ) with a BBS02 for balance and light weight (relatively).

Raged said:
Why not slap on a BBSHD or BBS02 on an existing cube frame for cheaper? FYI : I run a 29er Cube Reaction monster bike ( 29er MTB frame with fat wheels tied to a rigid fork and drop bars ) with a BBS02 for balance and light weight (relatively).
Yes, that would be a great idea if I already had a frame [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] but I would also like to try to the concept with a ebike purposed built from scratch.

Anyway. I have actually fallen for the monster concept also. Found a Haibike Fatsix at discount so I bought it.

Yours sound great also btw. Bafang sure is great stuff, a colleaugue has a BBS01.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Back