Cyc ride control settings

seanchad

10 mW
Hi Everyone

New member here hoping to be able to learn and share any useful info on cyc motors.

I've recently installed a Stealth Gen 3 and got my battery today so took it out for its maiden voyage and I want to try and refine the settings a bit. I got to googling and found absolutely nothing! Maybe my googlefoo is weak right now but all I could find was the odd reference to the app and very little info about what each setting actually does. With the bafang there are loads of threads with detailed explanations and example files to download and flash and thought this thread may become something like that for the cyc motors.

Most of the settings appear to be generic and would apply to all cyc motors such as how sensitive the throttle or torque sensor is.

I'm going to attempt to play with the settings over the next few weeks and will post my results, if anyone has any tips for settings please share! If something like this does already exist could someone point me in the right direction?
Cheers

I just installed a Photon that uses the same app and my recommendation is to ride your bike at the default settings and see how you like it before tweaking anything. Then, if there is something specific you don't like or think you need to improve, go from there. I have done several rides on default and don't see anything that just screams out for change. Of course, some of the settings are just basic units, wheel diameter and such. Those should be self explanatory.

Oh, one thing i would change right away is switch from 3 levels of assist to 5. That is the "gear" setting. With the default 3 the jumps between levels are too big. You can also make that 9 if you like, but 5 seems just about right to me.

So far all I have done is set my street profile to be EU compliant so the throttle doesn't work by setting all of the throttle parameters to 0, limited the speed to 15mph.

The things annoying me the most so far which drove me to create this thread are

1 I can't seem to get pedal assist to assist me over 15mph in race mode.

2 I find I really need to spin the cranks to get pas to re-engage after coasting.

I have left mine with 3 power levels for now to keep it simple whilst I explore. After playing around a bit it seems that the low, mid and high correspond to power levels 1,2 & 3. They should make that clearer. I guess when you add more levels it's splits them evenly. And for the pedal assist and throttle power level settings, the value represents watts, for the stealth this tops out at 3000.

I really need to mess around with the pedal assist settings.

See the other thread about how to set it up for "unrestricted". Page 28, post #681. It may be that the EU defaults that your motor probably came with leave you with that 16mph limit in Race. In the US, the defaults give us 28 MPH. The way to go is make it unrestricted and make sure to set up the Street mode with fully compliant EU limits. Then when you want to be a scofflaw you change to race.

So far all I have done is set my street profile to be EU compliant so the throttle doesn't work by setting all of the throttle parameters to 0, limited the speed to 15mph.

The things annoying me the most so far which drove me to create this thread are

1 I can't seem to get pedal assist to assist me over 15mph in race mode.

2 I find I really need to spin the cranks to get pas to re-engage after coasting.

I have left mine with 3 power levels for now to keep it simple whilst I explore. After playing around a bit it seems that the low, mid and high correspond to power levels 1,2 & 3. They should make that clearer. I guess when you add more levels it's splits them evenly. And for the pedal assist and throttle power level settings, the value represents watts, for the stealth this tops out at 3000.

I really need to mess around with the pedal assist settings.

See the other thread about how to set it up for "unrestricted". Page 28, post #681. It may be that the EU defaults that your motor probably came with leave you with that 16mph limit in Race. In the US, the defaults give us 28 MPH. The way to go is make it unrestricted and make sure to set up the Street mode with fully compliant EU limits. Then when you want to be a scofflaw you change to race.
I read that post earlier but my app has no option for presets, I'm not sure if that is just a photon thing? I may have to reach out to cyc for advice if I can't sort it out.

Strange. Maybe someone else here with a Stealth Gen 3 can advise. But there Probably aren't many here that have that motor yet. What happens if you click on that "Device Motor Setting" tab?

I googled this loads last night and got no where and the pdf for the app doesn't even acknowledge that pages existence.

If I click on that it lets me cycle through photon, stealth, pro etc

That really is strange. Where did you get the app? Maybe try deleting it and re-installing it. As far as I can see there is only 1 version of the app... at least for iPhone. Not one for this motor or that motor. Then it connects to whichever motor you have.

I googled this loads last night and got no where and the pdf for the app doesn't even acknowledge that pages existence.

If I click on that it lets me cycle through photon, stealth, pro etc

I've sent an email over to cyc and will sharw here when they back to me, just hope I can get the speed limit removed from race mode it's quite frustrating.

I have a Huawei phone so things are a bit more complicated for app downloads. Ive tried aurora store, APK pure and a sort of side loaded playstore all.of which seem to have version 2.0 of the app.

Back