cyc x1 stealth amp draw

andreaskhoi

100 µW
It got kinda confusing about how the cyc x1 gen 1's power works. It seems to peak at 2000w. But is that at 52V or does it just draw more current at 48v? Does it draw the stock 3000w for race mode since the controller can do 90A? Just a little confused.

While I don't have the direct data you're after, you can use a wattmeter or coulometer between your battery and controller to verify what any particular instant's watts, volts, and amps are.

If you find one that logs the readings, you can then view those on an app or computer as graphs, etc.

The Cycle Analyst can do that when paired with the Cycle Analogger, then ebikes.ca has webpages that can read the data and plot it out for you. But that's fairly expensive unless you need this info for a lot of different things, or want to log all your trips, etc., or you have use for the various monitoring and limiting functions the Cycle Analyst can perform.

While I don't have the direct data you're after, you can use a wattmeter or coulometer between your battery and controller to verify what any particular instant's watts, volts, and amps are.

If you find one that logs the readings, you can then view those on an app or computer as graphs, etc.

The Cycle Analyst can do that when paired with the Cycle Analogger, then ebikes.ca has webpages that can read the data and plot it out for you. But that's fairly expensive unless you need this info for a lot of different things, or want to log all your trips, etc., or you have use for the various monitoring and limiting functions the Cycle Analyst can perform.
I dont really need that as i have a bluetooth bms which can show me current, just i havent ordered it yet, do you think a 13s 7p pack of 35E's would be able to handle this? it has a 60A bms on it.

I dont really need that as i have a bluetooth bms which can show me current, just i havent ordered it yet,
I'm confused. Do you have the BT BMS that shows you current? If so, what does it show under worst-case loading (riding) conditions?

If you don't have it, then you will need to use some other device to do the testing with, or wait till you do have it to do the testing.

do you think a 13s 7p pack of 35E's would be able to handle this?

I don't know what brand, model, etc the "35E" you have is, but you can look up the data for them on Flashlight information to see what they are capable of in actual testing, and how much voltage sag they will have at a specific current, and how much capacity they will deliver at that rate.

Then you can decide if seven of them in parallel will support the actual current draw your controller has under your worst-case and average conditions (once you have verified that in testing), or at least that they will support the rated maximum current of the controller if you have no other data to go by.

it has a 60A bms on it.
If it only has a 60A BMS, but the controller can draw 90A, then the BMS will (if working and designed correctly) shut all power off whenever the controller exceeds 60A for whatever time the BMS is set to allow.

If the BMS doesn't do this, but it's limitation is that the FETs can only take 60A, then instead it may overheat and the FETs fail, usually shorted, so the output gets stuck on and the BMS can no longer then protect against anything.

To find out what *really* happens (how much current is actually used, and how much voltage sag there is, so you can also know actual max power) you'll need something to measure the actual current under your worst-case usage that takes the most power.

I'm confused. Do you have the BT BMS that shows you current? If so, what does it show under worst-case loading (riding) conditions?

If you don't have it, then you will need to use some other device to do the testing with, or wait till you do have it to do the testing.

I don't know what brand, model, etc the "35E" you have is, but you can look up the data for them on Flashlight information to see what they are capable of in actual testing, and how much voltage sag they will have at a specific current, and how much capacity they will deliver at that rate.

Then you can decide if seven of them in parallel will support the actual current draw your controller has under your worst-case and average conditions (once you have verified that in testing), or at least that they will support the rated maximum current of the controller if you have no other data to go by.

If it only has a 60A BMS, but the controller can draw 90A, then the BMS will (if working and designed correctly) shut all power off whenever the controller exceeds 60A for whatever time the BMS is set to allow.

If the BMS doesn't do this, but it's limitation is that the FETs can only take 60A, then instead it may overheat and the FETs fail, usually shorted, so the output gets stuck on and the BMS can no longer then protect against anything.

To find out what *really* happens (how much current is actually used, and how much voltage sag there is, so you can also know actual max power) you'll need something to measure the actual current under your worst-case usage that takes the most power.
I do have the battery, been using it with a bbs02, just haven't bought the X1 stealth yet and was wondering.

35E's are Samsung 18650 35e Cells.

You can limit the power in the app, but I was just curious as to how much current it could draw.

If I remember correctly the stealth can do 40 battery amps 90 phase amps

I'm not expert here but I've seen 100a on my sealth at times on full.throttle.

My battery is made using Samsung 50s

I contacted my battery builder for reassurance and he said -

the battery has 3 x 14-series connected cells in parallel. The cells are rated at 30A, so 30A x 3 = 90A of continuous discharge current. To achieve 2.5kW of power = 52v x 48A. So you've definitely got enough ceiling there with 90A to run at continuous maximum power (say 45m to 1hr) and say a few seconds of momentary peak power of around 90A-100A.

Not sure if this is of any use

I'm not expert here but I've seen 100a on my sealth at times on full.throttle.

My battery is made using Samsung 50s

I contacted my battery builder for reassurance and he said -

the battery has 3 x 14-series connected cells in parallel. The cells are rated at 30A, so 30A x 3 = 90A of continuous discharge current. To achieve 2.5kW of power = 52v x 48A. So you've definitely got enough ceiling there with 90A to run at continuous maximum power (say 45m to 1hr) and say a few seconds of momentary peak power of around 90A-100A.

Not sure if this is of any use
100A phase current or 100A battery draw?

Back