Cyclone 1 chainring owners - checked under mounts lately?

Kevinator

100 W
Hi all, this was going to be specifically directed to 1 chainring owners, but this probably applies to the 3 chainring kits also.

If you haven't removed your cyclone motor brackets since they were originally installed x-miles ago, I encourage you to do so just to make sure your frame isn't getting scratched from dirt and vibrations. I was looking at my old bike tonight and noticed some fairly deep scratches on the underside of the chain stays where the cyclone used to be. I wasn't using the aluminum spacers under the frame, and instead had opted to put the motor bracket directly against the frame.

IMGA0439.JPG
IMGA0436.JPG
IMGA0437.JPG

As for the 3piece of crank, There won't have any ugly cut. Owners who have 3piece of crank is better, (noise is also lower) best of all the alightment is Good and won't have chain drop out. i have own the single chain speed.. Please don't worry the scratch is nothing. *just a little bit only* please don't worry, the speed and fun will still have it. i strongly suggest Single chain 'clock wise motor' to upgrade to 3 piece of crank, you will see the difference. Plus you can also hide the motor. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentlim26

2nd build ebike the folding one. the single chain still drop out. i cannot detech where it goes wrong. if this fail, nevermind. i might buy hub motor. my goal speed is around 40km/h (max) range 100km. my SLA batteries give me only 15km (max range). since i have this battery / SLA. Since can be used, i will used them. maybe end of the year, i will upgrade something on a new ebike. i won't encourage anyone to try the single chain for cyclone. There is a Big problems on the chain+ aligment correct. NO chain drop out is the hub motor.

kentlim

Kevinator said:
Hi all, this was going to be specifically directed to 1 chainring owners, but this probably applies to the 3 chainring kits also.

If you haven't removed your cyclone motor brackets since they were originally installed x-miles ago, I encourage you to do so just to make sure your frame isn't getting scratched from dirt and vibrations. I was looking at my old bike tonight and noticed some fairly deep scratches on the underside of the chain stays where the cyclone used to be. I wasn't using the aluminum spacers under the frame, and instead had opted to put the motor bracket directly against the frame.

While that is a big problem it's small compaired to my problem. I have 2 single chain Cyclone kits (wife's bike and mine). The kit on my wife's bike always had an alignment problem and was always coming loose. This winter I took both bikes apart for servicing them. When I removed the motor I found the frame was actually being crushed from the tightening of the motor mount. Good thing we already bought 2 new bikes and only use these as back ups.

hi friend and buddy,

my 1st trip for testing, on my cyclone ebike/ folding ebike. The chain sudden drop out. (i am on way back home, peak hour for cars...) i went to a shop, a man suggest me to put a plastic chain guard. so i went to put a chain guard, it works!! I just came back home from my 2nd testing full throttle 36km/h, until battery flat. 30v on a sla batteries. no chain drop out ! hurray ! i will do more testing to find out if this chain can drop out or not.
my 2nd trip is sucessful 10km.

my 1st kit is single chain, aluminum frame MTB, has alittle scratch. But i wasn't worry. it won't damage the frame, my frame is already more then a decade. my 1st ebike (still using) has upgrade to 3 piece crank. now im testing this folding ebike (cyclone of 500watts) hopefully the chain will never drop out. Not bad, i have lots of fun going round my estate.

kentlim

Attachments

• IMG_5022.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 808
Back