DALY BMS Teardown & Failure Review (16S 40A)

So what do we have here?
(other than some semi-cold, lead free solder joints)

PXL_20221113_140456984_compress14.jpg

Come to you daddy. . . you know I like it when you tell me your secrets.

PXL_20221113_140618328_compress44.jpg

Nothing special and just the same as any other. The pounding disappointment is only offset by the KNOWING that there is STILL room in the market for a BMS that does not totally suck butt.

* Populate this with real mosfets
* Add overtemp protection
* Pack the connector with dielectric grease
* Sell replacement whips. . . and we might have a product.

PXL_20221113_140652758.MP_compress78.jpg

Ah - Cell Wise
I am feeling smarter already. These chips can be had anywhere, anytime, with a suggested circuit.

* Add TVS diodes on every rail
* Use 0.1% parts for any measurement

PXL_20221113_140703737_compress97.jpg

SSDD

PXL_20221113_140711794.MP_compress45.jpg

Nice Shunts
99% chance those are 1mOhm
Three in parallel would give you 333uOhm, plenty low to get the job done. Maybe a bit too low to accurately work for a design of this little current. They probably parallel them for power handling more than getting the resistance correct.

PXL_20221113_140716761_compress58.jpg

Pretty clear how it works eh? All of them are fundamentally the same. At this point we can now break down exactly how the mosfets are biased, which protect us from the charge, which protect us from discharge, how they are wired (butt to butt), etc.

PXL_20221113_140719624.MP_compress81.jpgPXL_20221113_140722005.MP_compress39.jpgPXL_20221113_140723406_compress6.jpg

-methods

So who caught the most telling detail above?

If you know anything about Pick-N-Place it will explode off the page. I am not talking about the cold solder joints.

-methods

The shunts are hand populated!
That means they are not running anything like an ISO9001 process. These are being built just like we used to do it back in the garage days.

* Solder Paste
* Stencil
* Tweezers

OR FAR WORSE
* The reel they are peeling from does not have oriented parts

Either way :kff: to the max.

-methods

P.S. Its fine, it just is what it is. Now we know why there are hand makers-marks on either side of the PCB. These are being garage built... so under that fancy (and inaccurate) red aluminum, we have junk. Just FYI, 16S LiFePO4 is 52V, not 48V

Attachments

• ByHandNotMachine.png
    ByHandNotMachine.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
That post above is a GUESS, not FACT
I would think they actually do machine populate, I just cant figure why parts would be out of orientation. Maybe the machine does a weird extra turn right there... or maybe the design file had a rotated part

Yea
Probably just a rotated part in the design file right? ... LOL But it makes for a good meme since they sold me a BMS that looked totally high quality... that I then put into use at my solar farm... that then it F A I L E D to protect me and my property.

C O U G H
First guy to run up and protect DALY because he hooked his up (never tested it) and it has not yet STOPPED HIM from discharging, gets a bucket over his/her head.

This is where the rubber hits the road kids.

* Reliability
* Safety
* Quality
* Value

They clearly performed Value Engineering and focused on Quality (looks) before they figured out their Reliability and Safety. I deem this good unfit for duty.

-methods

NEXT STEPS

* Pull those mosfets using the Weller with the hog tip
* Sweat in some real mosfets

So what should those look like?
* N-Channel
* Same package
* 80V minimum, 100V maximum
* 2mOhm to 4mOhm ON resistance
* Be careful with the gate...

Presumably they have sufficient gate drive (we can measure it) but it may be gate level (TLL). You can get gate drives all the way down to 2V now, but if this thing has some sort of weird circuit, you may not get complete turn-off. SO

* Measure gate voltage
* Get the gate waveform on the scope

... See why this all ends up COSTING me $3k

lol
I already totally earned back the $300 I spent. These are going into the trash can, or otherwise into application where I do not use the output stage. They still work for top balancing and you COULD still use them for 5A applications or to trigger something else

Hell
Maybe if I glue the temp sensor to the top they will actually live. That would be the case where H E A T is killing them, but ... for me... it aint heat. Its voltage, I already know it

;)

Oh yea
* Pull the mosfets
* Measure out the dead one
* Measure VDS Avalanch on one of the good ones

What do you want to bet these things cascade at like 70V???

-methods

If the output fets are like 60V it wont do any good to strap them with TVS. The knee is way too wide on those, and THAT is a big part of why you need Voltage Margin on your output fets.

You are not holding off DC!!!
You are holding back the inductive flyback voltage, which carries with it real power. Any kind of funky bullshit voltage dividers etc that are in there.... are going to fly to high voltage. This is why EVERYTHING gets capped off with a FAST diode in a design which actually survives

I mean
WHO THOUGHT YOU COULD INSTANTLY TERMINATE 40A @ 58V with this device and that there would not be some electrical noise generated? ???

Whatever - moving on
Wiring a 1.5KW 58V TVS across its outputs would not help. I mean, IT WOULD... but... HUMPF... I would rather throw them in the trash and go find a better BMS

-methods

So
Better BMS's

I know of one
I just qualified it. It even passes full-on hard short circuit test! Sadly tho, it is built into a battery and I do not even know where to get them.

In that vein
Speaking of VOLTAGE MARGIN
I use AmpTime in my Golf carts now. 4pcs of 12V 100Ah wired in series. BEST EVAR

61dNQQm4ulL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They are light as a feather, punch just as hard at the end of the day as the beginning, can charge up to full in 2 hours, put out WAY over their continuous rating, have only 2 terminals, are water resistant enough... Drop In Lead Replacement.

* I have not short circuit tested those
* Mine dont have the freezing lockout

Anyway
That is how I roll. I have had a set getting SLAMED in a golf cart for over a year now. Zero Complaints from the guys. Me and the biggest dude went straight up hill for minutes, no sag, no over-current, no failure whatsoever... other than him shitting his pants.

-methods

Now...
Those are 12V BMS but they tolerate stacking to 60V. Thunk you some about it. I would crack one open right now if I had the dough.

... The 16S BMS I think of
It is in a product that I cant expose, but I DO HAVE ONE BLOW'ED UP... and we can try to rip some part numbers. Last time I did I came up goose egg. A lot of these things are custom built at little shops. Not rally a PN floating around.

Now..
For what can be had right off the ol AmerZon

-methods

HOW TO
REVERSE ENGINEER AND DIAGNOSE THE CIRCUIT AT THE SAME TIME

Every mosfets like this plays by the same pinout

IRF9540-Pinout.jpg

It does not matter if it is leaded, the surface mount part was born of the standard TO-220 leaded part.

PXL_20221113_155006471_compress21.jpg

Arbitrarily start at the BATTERY side. This is Battery Main Negative. Measure resistance up to the mosfet pin on the right, which would be its SOURCE. We can see continuity, where the 0.X is resistance made up of the

* contact point
* circuit
* probes
* Leads

Expect 200mohms to 900mohms

That measurement alone is enough to tell us
* Common Drain design! (not what I would have done)

So we can guess right off, based on the direction of the BODY DIODE, that this M U S T be the mosfet set that stops current from flowing from outside into the ground (against the body diode, or flowing from drain to source). This would be RETURN current, so DISCHARGE

These would have to be the BLOWN (SHORTED) mosets, and later, yes, we show they are**

Current flows out of the main positive, thru the load, into the black wire, thru the source to drain of the shorted mosfet, into the drain of this mosfet, out of its source, and back to the battery negative. It appears that mosfet

-methods

Ok
Now

PXL_20221113_155033810_compress67.jpg

On the other side, we see the "Pack" ground is also tied to Source. This is all we need to absolutely know that it is a "Common Drain" configuration (not how I would do it !?!?) but whatever. That is how it is done here. Above we see the measurement, and now we confirm the reset out of due dilligence.

PXL_20221113_155140419_compress16.jpg

Here we see that the DRAINS are a monoplane. THIS ... is where the heat is. THIS... is where I would be trying to suck heat out of the circuit!!!!! Yea, it comes out of the plastic too, but there is a reason why we switched from TO-220 to these nice surface mount parts. It is because you can both dump current AND heat in a sleek way.

PXL_20221113_155334034_compress47.jpg

Now the more complicated and important part. Here we are measuring the BODY DIODE of the CHARGE BLOCK mosfets. They are still in place.

BodyDiode.png

The body diode is not some sort of Ideal Circuit Concept, it is REAL IN ALL WAYS. Literally and physically. You can measure and use it... and it is fundamentally the way a mosfet works

* Mosfet OFF, acts like diode
* Mosfet ON, shorts across diode

Simple eh?????
Lol - do not over-complicate simple things. A mosfet is like a big diode with a relay across it. When you turn it on, the diode is shorted. When it is off, current is blocked in ONE DIRECTION. Current can flow in the other direction, but in that case you suffer a Vf. This is V forward or Voltage Developed in the forward conductance of the diode.

There is a voltage associated with this (200mV to 1.2V typical) and any current you run is multiplied by this voltage to make your WASTE HEAT.

Cough

PXL_20221113_155347390_compress70.jpg

Now look at the MONEY SHOT just above. That is the same measurement but on the mosfet array (parallel array) protecting us from DISCHARGE> in this case, we see a perfect short

* 0.00 reported
* This is because we are in diode mode, not resistance mode
* Pay attention to the meter settings!

So there you go!
Now we know exactly and precisely what we already knew

* Discharge mosfet array is shorted
* Current can now flow thru the BODY DIODE of the charge array, produce excess heat, then enter the battery

This is why we measure a diode on the output with the power off

-methods

Just looking at the stack we see

* 4 in parallel for Discharge
* 4 in parallel for Charge

The case is that ONE of those goes short and the other three are out of action. Voltages in Parallel must be Equal, so when only a single mosfet suffers SHORT CIRCUIT it forces the mosfets next to it to do the same. ALL of the current then runs thru the shorted mosfet

Anyway
Never assume that the arrays are equal. In many cases they are not. It is quite common (especially with LiFe) to see something like 5 mosfets on the discharge side and 3 on the charge side. This is the case of non-common ground, since most packs can only charge at 1/2C while they can discharge at 1C

Heat from current SQUARES
In a mosfet setup like this, so if you want to run double the current you actually get more like 4X the heat. Always remember that

heat = power
power = square of current x resistance

So as current goes up, you get a squared problem. This is fundamental to design.

Anyway
I have seen even common circuits do this bullshit with 2 or 3 mosfets to block charge and 5 or so for discharge. That is G A R B A G E because for common mode, all of the mosfets have to carry the current. Meaning the Charge and Discharge arrays both have to be in full conductance of the Charge and Discharge currents

eh hem

-methods

So the next question is

* How do you drive the gate on a common drain setup like that???

I will draw it up

-methods

I grabbed some random online simulator instead of drawing

Circuit001.png

I have laid this out in the same was as the BMS instructions so you can understand better.

Circuit002.png

Let that sink in for a minute or two. DO NOT move forward without accepting the circuit proposed above.

-methods

Circuit003.png

Here is what the circuit looks like we are addressing. The low side mosfet (protecting from discharge) has gone to short circuit. We now can discharge right thru the body diode of the charge block mosfet

F A C T

-methods

I do not present QUESTION here... or ask for SALES GUY ADVICE.
I am presenting to you the facts of the situation.

So... Now how do we bias those bad-boys and what is "Ground"

Circuit004.png

OH SNAP
I just got ripped so hard. They let me draw like half my schematic then grabbed my design to hold it for ransom. Now I remember why I do not use those shitty online schematic drawing tools. F those guys man. I never simulate anything.

Anyway
I was drawing the gate drive on the low side. That is the trivial case, if we reference ground to the most negative of the battery. The nasty bit is then to drive the gate on the high side. The fet is upside down, so you actually need a voltage that is 5-15V LESS than the potential on its drain, which is basically ground.

Irritating, but a dozen and a half ways to do it. I do it with Isolated drivers. Those are expensive tho, so many designs use clapTrap.

-methods

DONE
I quit once something shady happens. I just started preparing free lesson and some online shitheads stole my design. Lost my taste for it, good day to you sirs.

Edit
I was mad at the simulator

* Upper Gate Drive needs to be 15V MORE than its source, which is tied to the incoming load. You will figure it out. When I said less, I was thinking of a different situation where we use N-Channel as high side switch to cut Postive

NOW DONE
Good bye

-methods

Ok, it popped back up

Circuit005.png

Here is the challenge of a Common Drain setup. You can easily bias the bottom fet, but look at the polarity of the drive on the top fet. You now have to create a potential that is 5-15V RELATIVE to that shit up top WHICH IS NOT GROUND.

Lol
Like I said, lots of ways to do it. Want to reverse engineer how they did it?

(shakes the bean can)

We appreciate the kind that jingles but prefer the kind that folks
L O L :roll: :lol:

-methods

So the way we teach DC now is not to think of it as Voltages and Ground. Just think of

* Positive as potential
* Ground as potential

So there is no ground, or ground is simply a point of reference. So in that way, all we have to do is create a potential which is less than the potential at the return from the source. Right?

Where "less" is relative to ground. In fact, it needs to be "more" but ... that is semantics relative to the direction of current flow / perspective.

CURRENT FLOWS BOTH WAYS

So beware... with the trivial solutions. Lol.
Both mosfets have to be ON during CHARGE or DISCHARGE. To block either, ... well... simulate it and see. If you turn off BOTH, you know that you will be Diode Protected in either direction.

-methods

Off to do kid stuff

-methods

PXL_20221113_173115544_compress40.jpg

Do you have any idea how hard it was to get that? My kids are like monkeys... All they do is grab and hold on for dear life.

That took five tries.

-methods

common mode, all of the mosfets have to carry the current. Meaning the Charge and Discharge arrays both have to be in full conductance of the Charge and Discharge currents

That's interesting. I always assumed for a 40A discharge, 20A charge BMS like this the charge and discharge MOSFETs would be different. You are right, though, the pictures show 4 duplicate FETs back to back with 4 duplicate FETs.

So I guess the only thing preventing this BMS from being 40A charge and 40A discharge is the programming of the chip re what current it triggers the FETs at. Negative current having a different threshold than positive.

I wonder why common port BMS are still cheaper then, if separate port allows down sizing some parts.

methods said:
The shunts are hand populated!
So are the balance resistors (well, I suppose those are shunts too).
OR FAR WORSE
* The reel they are peeling from does not have oriented parts
The balancer resistors are actually different runs or brands of parts, not just differently oriented. ;) So I suspect it's not even reels, but bins.

methods said:
PXL_20221113_140446043.MP_compress7.jpg

And... A perfect teapot (I mean depot)
I bet you could sell those peeled off pottings on Etsy for more than the BMS cost.

A simple primitive test for thermal conductivity is to put an ice cube on a table, put the peeled off potting on top of it, and use any old IR gun to measure the temperature of the uncooled side over time. If it's really conductive it should rapidly cool; if it's plain silicone / etc (seems likely) it'll take notably longer.

A more accurate test could be done with thermistors and a controlled heat source...but quick and easy is more appropriate to this device. ;)

I couldn't find a translated version of the spec sheet for the control chip cellwise cw1274, but this original one in Chinese.
View attachment 2108251830_Cellwise-CW1274ALBS_C2688819.pdf
Translates as the following by copying and pasting in google (sorry it's really really long). There are a number of statements about how it does thermal response, the RDOT and RCOT pins are for the thermistors for Discharge and Charge temperature monitoring.

I bolded and underlined an important set of statements of behavior below, which may indicate why it behaves as it does, if it literally does what it says--it will enable the charge path whenever disabling the discharge path and vice-versa; if the charge path has priority it means that if the thermal monitoring is at the FETs then it doesn't matter which path is overheating, both paths will overheat, so the charge path will be shutdown and then the discharge path will be enabled regardless of what's happening.

If discharge protection has priority (or they are equal) then both ports will be turned off on overheat, which is desirable, but may not be what is happening.

I also don't see a typical thermal sensor mounted to the actual PCB on the BMS, though it could be using some other part (diode, etc) as a sensor, or I might just be missing it if it's form is different from those I'm familiar with. If it doesn't have a PCB mounted sensor then that's why it doesn't protect itself--it has no idea what it's own temperature is, as it can only monitor the external cell-mounted sensor (if one is attached).

Temperature monitoring section translation:
11 temperature protection

The resistance value of the NTC resistor will change with the temperature. If the voltage detected by the RCOT, RDOT and RUT terminals reaches the internal comparison
Threshold value, and after maintaining the corresponding protection delay time, the temperature protection is triggered.

Temperature protection is divided into charging over temperature protection (TCOT), discharge over temperature protection (TDOT), charging low temperature protection (TCUT) and discharge low temperature protection (TDUT), the corresponding protection delays are tCOT, tDOT, tCUT and tDUT.

After charging temperature protection, the charging MOSFET is turned off, but the discharging MOSFET is turned on;

After the discharge temperature protection, the charging MOSFET is turned off, and the discharging MOSFET is turned off.

When the temperature difference is greater than the release hysteresis temperature, and the time reaches the temperature release delay, the temperature protection is released. Take charging over-temperature protection as an example,\

After protection, the temperature decreases, when the difference between the temperature and the over-temperature protection threshold (TCOT) is greater than the charging over-temperature release hysteresis temperature (TCOTR), and

After maintaining the charging over-temperature release delay time (tCOTR), the charging over-temperature protection is released.

When the discharge temperature protection is released, it has a load lock function (optional), if the load is detected, the discharge MOSFET will remain off
state until the external load is removed.

Temperature threshold setting steps
1. Select NTC resistor, default 103AT, B=3435;
2. Determine the charging over-temperature protection threshold, such as: 50°C;
3. According to the curve of NTC resistance, find the resistance value corresponding to 50°C, such as 4.15k;
4. Connect to the RCOT pin with a normal resistance of 10 times the value, which is 41.5k;
5. The same method is used for the discharge over temperature protection setting, but the resistor needs to be connected to the RDOT pin;
6. The charging low temperature protection setting uses the same method, but the resistor needs to be connected to the RUT pin;
7. If the charge low temperature threshold is 0°C, the discharge low temperature protection threshold is 0°C-20°C = -20°C;
8. For the detailed circuit, please refer to the application circuit, and set the appropriate protection temperature by selecting the resistance.

For NTC applications other than 103AT, B=3435, additional settings are required to configure the resistors. For the setting method, please consult Saiwei FAE for more information.

Full translation:
www.cellwise- semi.com CW1274-DS V1.4
0 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 1
CW1274
4 ~ 7 battery protection IC
Functional characteristics
The charging protection
• The threshold range is 3.650V, 3.850V, 4.175V ~ 4.350V,
25mv step, ± 25mv accuracy
The discharge protection
• The threshold range is 2.300V ~ 2.800V, 100MV steps,
± 30mv accuracy
 Disting overcurrent protection
• Overcurrent detection 1
The threshold range is 0.050V ~ 0.100V, ± 5mv accuracy
• Overclocking detection 2
The threshold range is 0.100V ~ 0.200 V ,, ± 10mv accuracy
• Short circuit protection
The threshold range is 0.200V ~ 0.500V, ± 20mV accuracy
 Charging overcurrent protection
• Threshold range -0.010V ~ -0.050V, ± 5mv accuracy
 temperature detection function
Construction and discharging high and low temperature protection, the temperature can be set on the outside
 Balanced function
 Broken wire detection function
 Load detection function
  能 function
 Low -power design
• Work status 20 2A (25 ° C)
• Dormation status 5 2A (25 ° C)
S Packaging form: ssop24
Application field
 vacuum cleaner
 Electric tools
 Electric bicycle
The backup power supply
锂 Lithium ions and lithium polymer battery packs
Basic description
The CW1274 series products are a highly integrated 4 ~ 7 string of lithium ions
Battery or lithium polymer battery protection chip. CW1274 is a battery package
Provide over -charging, overloading, charging and discharge overcurrent, disconnection, charging and discharge over temperature
Protection and equilibrium functions and support chip -level use.
CW1274
2 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
Typical application box diagram
CW1274
1 0
1 1
VC0
VSS
CS
VC3
VC2
VC1
VC6
VC5
VC4
VDD
N C
VC7 2 2
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
2 0
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
Cit
1 6
1 8
Sel0
SEL1
Rut
1 3
1 4
1 5
D O
C o
VM
Pack+
Packbattery Pack
CW1274
0 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 3
Product selection guide
Cw1274 x x x x
Form of packaging, s: s: ssop24
Parameter type, from A to Z
Battery type, L: represents lithium ion battery F: representing iron phosphate battery
Function and version information, from A to Z
product list
Product number
Overcoming threshold
[VOC]
Delay
[TOC]
Overcoming
[VOCR]
Trend threshold
[VOD]
Delay
[TOD]
Discharge
[VODR]
Balanced turn on voltage
[VBAL]
CW1274ALAS 4.200V 1S 4.100V 2.800V 1S 3.000V 4.075V
CW1274ALBS 4.250V 1S 4.150V 2.800V 1S 3.000V 4.125V
CW1274ALCS 4.250V 1S 4.150V 2.500V 1S 2.800V 4.125V
CW1274ALDS 4.250V 1S 4.150V 2.500V 1S 2.800V 4.125V
CW1274ALFS 4.175V 1S 4.075V 2.700V 1S 3.000V 4.050V
CW1274ALHS 4.175V 1S 4.075V 2.700V 1S 3.000V \
CW1274ALJS 4.250V 1S 4.150V 2.700V 1S 3.000V 4.125V
CW1274ALKS 4.200V 1S 4.100V 2.500V 1S 3.000V 4.075V
CW1274ALLS 4.250V 1S 4.150V 2.700V 1S 3.000V 4.125V
CW1274AFAS 3.650V 1S 3.550V 2.300V 1S 2.700V 3.525V
Product number
Overcurrent 1 threshold
[VEC1]
Overcurrent 2 threshold
[VEC2]
Short circuit threshold
[Vshr]
Charging overcurrent threshold
[VCOC]
Charging overcurrent delay
[TCOC]
Low -voltage prohibit charging
CW1274ALAS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V -0.020V 0.5s does not support
CW1274ALBS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V -0.020V 0.5s does not support
CW1274ALCS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V -0.020V 0.5S 1V
CW1274ALDS 0.100V 0.200V 0.400V -0.020V 0.5S 1V
CW1274ALFS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V -0.020V 0.5S 1V
CW1274ALHS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V -0.010V 0.5S 1V
CW1274ALJS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V \ \ 1V
CW1274ALKS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V -0.020V 0.5S 1V
CW1274ALLS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V -0.020V 0.5S 1V
CW1274AFAS 0.050V 0.100V 0.200V -0.020V 0.5s does not support
CW1274
4 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
Pinching diagram
CW1274
12 13
VC4
VC3
VC2
VC1
RCOT
Cit
Rut
VDD
CO
VM
DO
VSS
CS
RDOT
VC0
SEL1
twenty four
twenty three
twenty two
twenty one
VC7
VC6
VC5
Sel0
CTLC
CTLD
NC
CCHG
Number name pin description
1 VDD chip power supply, connect the maximum potential of the battery pack; if 7 string batteries, it is the battery 7 positive end
2 NC no connection
3 VC7 battery 7 positive polar connection terminals
4 VC6 battery 6 positive polar connection terminal
5 VC5 battery 5 positive polar connection terminals
6 VC4 battery 4 positive polar connection terminal
7 VC3 battery 3 positive polar connection terminal
8 VC2 battery 2 positive connection terminal
9 VC1 battery 1 positive connection terminal
10 VC0 battery 1 negative polar connection terminal
11 VSS chip grounding terminal, connect the battery 1 negative electrode
12 CS overcurrent detection terminal
13 DO discharge protection output terminal, limited output (11V), drive NMOS
14 CO charging protection output terminal, limited output (11V), driver NMOS
CW1274
0 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 5
Number name pin description
15 VM P-end voltage detection terminal
16 SEL0 4, 5, 6, and 7 string should be selected terminal
17 SEL1 4, 5, 6, and 7 string should be selected terminal
18 RUT low -temperature detection resistor connecting terminal
19 RCOT charging temperature detection resistance connection terminal
20 RDOT discharge over temperature detection resistance connection terminal
21 CIT overcurrent latency settings terminals
22 CCHG charger detection output terminal
23 CTLC CO control terminal
24 CTLD DO control terminals
CW1274
6 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
Absolute maximum rated value
Note: Absolutely maximum rated value refers to the rated values ​​that cannot be exceeded in any condition. If it exceeds this rated value, it may cause products
damage.
ESD level
Parameter value unit
V (ESD) level static discharge
HBM mode ± 4000 V
CDM mode ± 1000 V
The rated work voltage
Describe the maximum value unit of the project minimum value of the project
VDD input voltage VDD 4 31.5 V
VCX input voltage
VC7-VC6, VC6-VC5, VC5-VC4, VC4-VC3,
VC3-VC2, VC2-VC1, VC1-VC0
0 5 V
Pin input voltage VCIT, VRCOT, VRDOT, VRUT 0 5 V
scope
unit
Minimum value maximum value
Input voltage VDD, VM, SEL0, SEL1, CS VSS-0.3 VSS+40 V
Pin input voltage CCHG, CTLC, CTLD VSS-0.3 VSS+45 V
Input voltage RCot, RDOT, RUT, CIT VSS-0.3 VSS+6 V
Input voltage VC0, VC1, VC2, VC3, VC4, VC5, VC6, CO, Do VSS-0.3 VDD+0.3 V
Work temperature TA -40 85 ° C
Storage temperature TJ -40 125 ° C
CW1274
0 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 7
Electrical characteristics
Except for special instructions, TA = 25 ° C
Describe the minimum value of the project test conditions, the maximum value unit
power supply
Normal working current IVDD VC1 = VC2 = VC3 = VC4 = VC5 = VC6 = VC7 = 3.7V 20 25 A
Dormation current isleep VC1 = VC2 = VC3 = VC4 = VC5 = VC6 = VC7 = 2.0V 5 8 a
Voltage, temperature detection and protection threshold
Excessive detection voltage VOC*
Vc1 = VC2 = VC3 = VC4 = VC5 = VC6 = 3.7V
Vc7 = 3.7 → 4.5V
VOC-
VOC
VOC +
V
Overchard discharge voltage VOCR
VC7 = 4.5 → 3.7V
Vocr-
VOCR
Vocr +
V
Play detection voltage VOD
VC7 = 3.7 → 2.0V
VOD0.030
VOD
VOD+
V
Overpad the voltage VODR
VC7 = 2.0 → 3.7V
VODR-
VODR
VODR +
V
Overcurrent 1 detection voltage VEC1
Vc1 = VC2 = VC3 = VC4 = VC5 = VC6 = VC7 = 3.7V
CS = 0 → 0.08V
VEC1-
VEC1
VEC1+
V
Overcurrent 2 detection voltage VEC2
VCS = 0 → 0.15V
VEC2-
VEC2
VEC2+
V
Short -circuit detection voltage VSHR
CS = 0 → 0.5V
Vshr-
Vshr
Vshr +
V
Charging over flow detection voltage VCOC
CS = 0 → -0.05V
Vcoc-
VCOC
Vcoc +
V
Balanced detection voltage VBAL
Vc7 = 3.7 → 4.5V
Vbal0.025
VBAL
VBal+
V
Charging temperature detection temperature tcot*
2 VDD = 25.9V TCOT -3 TCOT TCOT +3 ° C
Removal temperature protection for charging temperature
Spend
TCOTR 2 5 8 ° C
Discharge temperature detection temperature tdot*
2 VDD = 25.9V TDOT -3 TDOT TDOT +3 ° C
Discharge temperature protection to relieve delay temperature
Spend
TDOTR 7 10 13 ° C
Charging low temperature detection temperature tcut*
2 VDD = 25.9V TCUT -3 TCUT TCUT +3 ° C
Low -temperature protection of charging low temperature relief temperature
Spend
TCUTR 2 5 8 ° C
Discharge low temperature detection temperature tdut*
2 VDD = 25.9V TDUT -3 TDUT TDUT +3 ° C
Low -temperature protection of discharge low temperature relief, delay temperature
Spend
TDUTR 2 5 8 ° C
CTLX terminal flip voltage range VCTLX
VSS+
VDD+
V
Low -voltage prohibit charging voltage VLV
VC7 = 3.7 → 1.2V
VLV -0.1 VLV VLV+0.1 V
Discharge status Judging voltage VDCH 2 3.
5 5 MV
Broken wire detection voltage VOW 40 70 100 MV
delay
Over Charging Protection TOC
Vc7 = 3.7 → 4.5V
0.8* TOC TOC 1.2* TOC S
Over -charge protection Reset delay TRESET 2 4 64 ms
Over Charging Protection Lisaling TOCR
VC7 = 4.5 → 3.7V
50 100 150 ms
CW1274
8 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
Describe the minimum value of the project test conditions, the maximum value unit
Over time protection delay TOD
VC7 = 3.7 → 2.0V
0.8* TOD TOD 1.2* TOD S
Over time protection delay TODR
VC7 = 2.0 → 3.7V
80 240 400 ms
Overcurrent 1 Protection delay TEC1 CIT connection 0.1F capacitor (X7R) 0.7 1 1.3 s
Overcurrent 2 Protection delay TEC2 CIT connection 0.1F capacitance (X7R) 70 100 130 ms
Short -circuit protection delay TSHORT CS endless connection capacitor 160 200 240 s
Overclaimer termination TeCR*
3 45 60 75 ms
Charging overcurrent TCOC 0.8* TCOC TCOC 1.2* TCOC MS
Charging overcatairy delay TCOCR 45 60 75 ms
Balanced latter delay TBAL
VC7 = 4.5 → 3.7V
2 5 64 ms
Load lock state lifting delay TLLR
Vm <VLD
6 8 12 ms
Dormation delay TSLP VC1 = VC2 = VC3 = VC4 = VC5 = VC6 = VC7 = 2V 240 S
Charging temperature protection delay TCOT 1 2 3 s
Charging temperature protection Litter delay TCOTR 1 2 3 s
Discharge after temperature protection delay TDOT 1 2 3 s
Discharge temperature protection Litter delay TDOTR 1 2 3 s
Low charging low temperature protection delay TCUT 1 2 3 s
Low -temperature protection of charging low temperature terminal TCUTR 1 2 3 s
Low -temperature protection delay delay TDUT 1 2 3 s
Low -temperature protection to discharge delay TDUTR 1 2 3 s
Disclosure detection delay TOW input capacitance = 0.1F 6 8 s
Dispel back to delay TOWR 5 7 S
During discharge status detection delay TDCH 4.5 6 7.5 ms
VM terminal
VM and VSS resistance RVMVSS 70 100 130 k
Load detection voltage VLD 1.8 2 2.2 v
Charger Removal detection voltage VCHG_RM VM endless connection resistance 180 250 300 mv
Pin output voltage
CO logic high level output voltage
CO
VDD ≥ 11.7V 9 11 13 V
CO logic high level output voltage VDD <11.7V VDD-1.2 VDD-0.7 VDD-0.3 V
CO logic low -level output voltage VSS VSS+ 0.3 V
Do logic high level output voltage
DO
VDD ≥ 11.7V 9 11 13 V
Do logic high level output voltage VDD <11.7V VDD-1.2 VDD-0.7 VDD-0.3 V
Do logic low -level output voltage Do VSS vSS+ 0.3 V
Pins output ability
CO terminal driver capacity CO
CO terminal logic high level 3.5 5 6.5 k
CO terminal logic low level 600 800 1000 
DO terminal driver capacity Do
DO terminal logic high level 3.5 5 6.5 k
DO terminal logic low level 600 800 1000 
*1 Detailed protection threshold selection, see the selection guide table
*2 Charging and discharge temperature protection temperature depends on the settings of different resistors. The low temperature protection temperature is default to the charging temperature protection temperature -20 ° C, that is, charging
The low temperature protection temperature is 0 ° C, then the low temperature protection temperature is -20 ℃
*3 All over -current protection (including overcurrent 1, overcurrent 2 and short -circuit protection) The delay time is 60ms
CW1274
0 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 9
Schematic frame diagram
VDD
VC5
VC4
VC3
VC2
VC1
VSS
C o
VM
D O
C S
Cit
Voltage, disconnect
Line detection
Power Supply
The reference voltage
Charging detection
Talk to detect logic control
Delay
drive
VM terminal detection
Overcurrent detection
VC0
VC7
VC6
Equilibrium detection
Sel
CCHG
RDOT
RCOT
Temperature detection Rut
CTLC
CTLD
CW1274
10 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
Function description
normal status
All battery voltage is between over -charging detection voltage (VOC) and over -detection voltage (VOD), and the CS terminal voltage is in an overcurrent detection
When the voltage (VEC1) and the charging over flow detection voltage (VCOC), the CW1274 is in normal working state.
Charging state
Under normal conditions, any battery voltage > overcharge detection voltage (VOC), and exceed overcharge protection delay time (TOC), CO terminal
Output low level off charging MOSFET, CW1274 enters the state of overcharge protection.
In the excessive protection delay time (TOC), if the battery voltage is detected <overcoming the voltage (VOC), and exceeds the overcoming full delay (Treset),
The over -charged overcharge delay time (TOC) is reset. Otherwise, the decline in battery voltage is considered to be unrelated interference and is blocked.
Conditions for overcharging protection:
1. All battery voltage <overcoming the voltage (VOCR) and exceed the overweight delay time (TOCR).
2. VM -end voltage > Charger Remove the detection voltage (VCHG_RM), the battery voltage is below the over -charging protection voltage (VOC)
Excess charging delay time (TOCR).
Over -discharge state
Under normal conditions, any battery voltage <overlap the protection voltage (VOD), and exceed the latency time (TOD), the DO terminal
The output low level off the discharge MOSFET, CW1274 has entered a state of protection.
Conditions for discharge protection:
1. When the external unconnected charger is connected, all battery voltage > Play the dismantling voltage (VODR) and maintain exceeding the release delay (TODR),
And there is no load outside.
2. External connection charger (VM -end voltage <charger removal detection voltage VCHG_RM), all battery voltage > Play protection voltage (VOD)
And maintain more than the delay (TODR).
Discharge current status
CW1274 has a built -in three -level overcurrent detection, over -current 1, overcurrent 2 and short -circuit protection.
Protection mechanism: Detect the voltage of the current on the main circuit through the CS terminal to determine whether the corresponding overcurrent protection is performed.
Taking the protection of overcurrent 1 as an example, the discharge current follows the external load change, the CS terminal detects the voltage on the detection resistance > overcurrent 1 protection threshold
(VEC1) and maintain the time of overcurrent 1 protection delay (TEC1), and the DO terminal outputs low levels to turn off the discharge MOSFET. CW1274 enters overcurrent
Protection status.
Conditions for over -current:
The VM -end voltage <Load detection voltage (VLD) and exceed the overcurrent recovery delay (TECR), and the overcurrent protection is lifted.
Charging current status
CW1274 built -in charging overcurrent detection. When the voltage of the current detection of the current on the main circuit <charging overcurrent detection threshold (VCOC), maintain
Charging flow detection delay time TCOC, CO, DO terminal output low level off, off -charge and discharge MOSFET, CW1274 enter the charging overcurrent protection
state.
In a low power consumption mode, when the VM -end voltage <charger removed voltage (VCHG_RM)) is detected, it is determined that there is a charger outside. At this time,
CO outputs high levels, and at the same time, open charging current detection. If VM -end voltage > Charger removed voltage VCHG_RM, judge the outside without charging
Instrument, at this time CO outputs low levels and does not detect over -charging current.
Conditions for over -current overcurrent:
VM -end voltage > Charger Removal (VCHG_RM), and exceed the charging overcurrent replies delay time (TCOCR), and the charging overcurrent protection is lifted.
CW1274
0 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 11
Temperature protection
The resistance value of the NTC resistance will change with the temperature.
The temperature protection is triggered after the threshold and maintains the delayed time of protection.
Temperature protection is divided into charging temperature protection (TCO), over -temperature protection (TDOT), charging low temperature protection (TCUT) and discharge low temperature protection
The corresponding protection delay is TCOT, TDOT, TCUT, and TDUT.
After the charging temperature is protected, the charging MOSFET is closed, but the discharge MOSFET is opened;
After the discharge temperature is protected, the charging MOSFET is closed, and the discharge MOSFET is closed.
When the temperature difference is greater than the delay temperature and the time reaches the temperature termination delay, the temperature protection is lifted. Take the premium protection protection as an example,
After the protection, the temperature is reduced.
After maintaining the over -temperature termination of the delay time (TCOTR), the charging temperature protection is lifted.
When the discharge temperature is protected, it has a load lock function (optional). If the load is detected, the discharge MOSFET will be cut off
Status until the external load is lifted.
Temperature threshold settings step
1. Select NTC resistance, default 103AT, B = 3435;
2. Determine the high temperature protection threshold, such as: 50 ° C;
3. According to the curve chart of the NTC resistor, find the resistance value corresponding to 50 ° C, such as 4.15k;
4. Use a normal resistor with a 10x resistance to connect to the RCOT pin, that is, 41.5K;
5. The discharge temperature protection settings use the same method, but the resistance needs to be connected to the RDOT pin;
6. The same method is used for charging low temperature protection settings, but the resistance needs to be connected to the RUT pin;
7. If the low temperature threshold of charging is 0 ° C, the low temperature protection threshold of discharge is 0 ° C -20 ° C = -20 ° C;
8. For detailed circuits, please refer to the application circuit and set the appropriate protection temperature by selecting the resistor.
For NTC applications that use non -103AT and B = 3435, the configuration resistance needs to be set up. For setting methods, please consult the game micro FAE to get more
More support.
Disconnect protection
CW1274 contains disconnect detection and protection functions.
Under normal conditions, when the detection line of any section of the battery in the battery pack is disconnected, and the main output is low
The level off the discharge MOSFET; CO output low level, turn off the charging MOSFET; CW1274 enters the disconnecting protection state.
When the detection line is connected again and maintains the delay (TOWR), the breakthrough protection status is lifted. When the disconnects are lifted, embrace
There is a load lock function. If the load is detected, the MOSFET of the DO terminal will maintain a closed state until the external load is lifted.
Equilibrium function
CW1274 has a built -in equilibrium function, the internal equilibrium resistance is 100, and the balanced current is adjusted through the external voltage sampling resistor.
Sample resistance is 500 ~ 2K阻. If a large current balancing is required, an external balancing circuit can be expanded, and the balanced current is determined by the external equilibrium resistor.
Balanced functional diagram
In normal state, any battery voltage> Balanced detection voltage (VBAL), the remaining battery voltage <Balanced detection voltage (VBAL), and
VC2
VC1
100Ω
Internal equilibrium circuit
CW1274
CW1274
12 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
Excellent start -up delay time (TBAL), CW1274 begins to balance.
Balanced stop condition:
1. All battery voltage <Balanced detection voltage (VBAL).
2. All battery voltage> Balanced detection voltage (VBAL).
3. CW1274 Enter the state of disconnection, the state of discharge temperature, and the state of low power consumption.
The CW1274 uses the spectacle channel to timely equilibrium, and the equilibrium function does not affect the normal battery voltage sampling.
The odd number channel will enter the equilibrium state first, and the even number of channels enter the equilibrium state in the next cycle.
as follows:
Voltage sampling
Sample waiting
8ms
Wonderful number channel balanced
8ms 8ms 8ms 8ms
8ms 8ms 8ms
48ms
Balanced Channel Balanced Strange Digital Channel Balance
Sample waiting for sampling and waiting
Voltage sampling voltage sampling

Voltage sampling, balanced opening time sequence diagram
Low -voltage prohibition charging function
CW1274 optional low voltage prohibit charging function;
CW1274 detects any battery voltage <Low voltage forbidden charging voltage (VLV), CO outputs low levels, and turn off the charging MOS.
Load lock state
CW1274 has a load lock function. When the chip enters the protective condition of DO turning off, over -current, over -temperature, and disconnecting the cutting, the chip
At the same time, enter the load lock state, and the load lock state of the discharge is available.
Load lock lifting conditions:
CW1274 is not in a protected state, and the VM -end voltage is <negativeload detection voltage (VLD), and exceeds the load lock release delay (tLLR),
The load-locked state is released, the DO output is high, the discharge MOS is turned on, and the IC enters the normal state.
low power state
When the CW1274 enters the over-discharge protection state and exceeds the sleep delay time (tSLP), the CW1274 will enter the low power consumption state. DO terminal
Keep the low level to keep the discharge MOSFET off; when the VM terminal voltage > the charger removal voltage VCHG_RM, it is judged that there is no external charger, CO
The terminal keeps the low level state to keep the charging MOSFET off; when the VM terminal voltage < the charger removal voltage VCHG_RM, it is judged that there is an external charging
Appliances, the CO terminal remains high to keep the charging MOSFET on.
Sleep state release condition: the chip exits the over-discharge state.
String selection
CW1274 supports the application of 4~7 strings of batteries. The SEL0 and SEL1 terminals are the selection terminals for the number of batteries in series, which can be used to select the number of batteries in series.
quantity.
Number of battery strings SEL0 SEL1
4 10k resistor to VSS 10k resistor to VSS
5 VDD/floating 10k resistor to VSS
6 10k resistor to VSS VDD/floating
7 VDD/floating VDD/floating
CW1274
© 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 13
Delay time setting
The delay time of CW1274 refers to the time from when the detected voltage reaches the set protection threshold to when the CW1274 drives the CO and DO terminals to output high/low
level time.
The overcurrent 1 and overcurrent 2 protection of the CW1274 can be set with external capacitor delay time.
Discharge status detection function
In the same charging and discharging application, after overcharging or charging temperature protection, if the CS pin detects a VDCH voltage drop across the current-sense resistor
(5mresistor corresponds to a maximum discharge current of 1A), and continues the discharge state detection delay (tDCH) to turn on the charging MOS.
Cascading function
CW1274 supports cascade application, CTLC and CTLD terminals are used as the control terminals of CO and DO of the chip, when the CO of the previous chip
When the DO and DO protection signals are activated, the charge and discharge MOSFETs are controlled by the CTLC and CTLD pins.
CCHG is the transmission terminal of the charger detection signal. When charging, the VM terminal voltage < the charger removal detection voltage (VCHG_RM), CCHG
The terminal is pulled down to send the charger signal to the upper-level chip; when discharging, when the VM terminal voltage > the charger removal detection voltage (VCHG_RM), CCHG
In a high-impedance state, the VM terminal of the upper stage cannot detect the CCHG signal, and the hysteresis voltage of overcharge recovery will be shielded, and only the battery voltage is required.
When the voltage is lower than the overcharge protection voltage, the overcharge protection state is immediately released to prevent the body diode of the charging MOS from continuing to overcurrent.
CTLC, CTLD control level:
CTLX input voltage CO/DO output voltage
VSS~VSS+1.5V normal mode*1
VSS+1.5V~VDD+1.5V low level
VDD+1.5V or more Normal mode*1
*1 In normal mode, CW1274 controls the state through the detection circuit;
Cascading Application Notes:
1. Multiple CW1274 cascade applications, use a single NTC to detect temperature, and the temperature detection is realized by the CW1274 near the B-end. use more
It should be noted that when charging and discharging are used in the same port, the high-end CW1274 charging and discharging high temperature protection threshold needs to be set the same.
When the low temperature protection function is shielded. For different charging and discharging applications, the high-end CW1274 temperature threshold can be set separately;
2. After the CW1274 is controlled by the CTLD input voltage to discharge and the MOS is turned off, the CW1274 will enter the load-locked state, and the load needs to be satisfied.
The recovery condition of the locked state, the discharge MOS can return to normal conduction, only changing the CTLD input voltage, the discharge MOS will not return to the conduction state;
CW1274
14 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
Reference Application Circuit
CW1274
1 1
1 2
VC0
VSS
C S
VC3
VC2
VC1
VC6
VC5
VC4
VDD
NC
VC7 2 2
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
CIT
1 6
1 7
1 8
SEL0
SEL1
RUT
1 3
1 4
1 5
D O
C O
VM
P+
P1k
1k 1k
1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
51R
RSENSE
0.1F
51R
51R
51R
51R
51R
51R
1k 200k
3.3M
3.3M
103AT/B=3435
0.1F
7 String equalization function application circuit
CW1274
1 1
1 2
VC0
VSS
C S
VC3
VC2
VC1
VC6
VC5
VC4
VDD
NC
VC7 2 2
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
CIT
1 6
1 7
1 8
SEL0
SEL1
RUT
1 3
1 4
1 5
D O
C O
VM
P+
P1k
1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
RSENSE
0.1F
1k 200k
3.3M
103AT/B=3435
0.1F
3.3M
7 strings without equalization function application circuit
CW1274
© 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 15
CW1274
VC0
VSS
CS
VC3
VC2
VC1
VC6
VC5
VC4
VDD
NC
VC7 22
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
CIT
SEL0
SEL1
RUT
D O
C O
VM
P+
P1k
1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
RSENSE
0.1F
1k 200k
3.3M
103AT/B=3435
0.1F
3.3M
6-String Reference Application Circuit
CW1274
VC0
VSS
CS
VC3
VC2
VC1
VC6
VC5
VC4
VDD
NC
VC7 22
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
CIT
SEL0
SEL1
RUT
D O
C O
VM
P+
P1k
1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
RSENSE
0.1F
1k 200k
3.3M
103AT/B=3435
0.1F
3.3M
5 String Reference Application Circuit
CW1274
16 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
CW1274
VC0
VSS
CS
VC3
VC2
VC1
VC6
VC5
VC4
VDD
NC
VC7 22
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
CIT
SEL0
SEL1
RUT
D O
C O
VM
P+
CH1k
1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
RSENSE
0.1F 1k
3.3M
103AT/B=3435
0.1F
3.3M
P7 serial port application circuit (CH-)
CW1274
1 0
1 1
1 2
V C0
VSS
C S
V C3
V C2
V C1
V C6
V C5
V C4
VDD
N C
V C7 2 2
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
1 9
2 0
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
CIT
1 6
1 7
1 8
SEL0
SEL1
RUT
1 3
1 4
1 5
D O
C O
V M
P+
P1k
1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
RSENSE
0.1F
1k 200k
103AT/B=3435
0.1F
CH+
2M
2M
2M
2M
7 Serial port application circuit (CH+)
CW1274
© 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 17
CW1274
1 0
1 2
VC0
VSS
C S
VC3
VC2
VC1
VC6
VC5
VC4
VDD
N C
VC7 2 2
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
1 9
2 0
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
CIT
1 6
1 7
1 8
SEL0
SEL1
RUT
1 3
1 4
1 5
D O
C O
VM
P+
1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
CW1274
1 0
1 1
1 2
VC0
VSS
C S
VC3
VC2
VC1
VC6
VC5
VC4
VDD
N C
VC7 2 2
twenty three
twenty four
CCHG
CTLC
CTLD
1 9
2 0
twenty one
RCOT
RDOT
CIT
1 6
1 7
1 8
SEL0
SEL1
RUT
1 3
1 4
1 5
D O
C O
VM
P1k
1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
0.1F
RSENSE
0.1F
1k 200k
3.3M
103AT/B=3435
0.1F
100k 100k 100k
3.3M
35V
35V
13 strings without equalization function application circuit
CW1274
18 © 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics
Package Diagram and Package Dimensions
SSOP24 package
θ
A2
A3
e B B
E1 E
b1
b
c1 c
BASE METAL
WITH PLATING
SECTION B-B
C
h
L1
L
D
A
A1
b
FMAX

SYMBOL
MILLIMETER
MIN. NOM. MAX.
A ---- ---- 1.75
A1 0.10 0.15 0.25
A2 1.30 1.40 1.50
A3 0.60 0.65 0.70
b 0.23 ---- 0.31
b1 0.22 0.25 0.28
c 0.20 ---- 0.24
c1 0.19 0.20 0.21
D 8.55 8.65 8.75
FMAX 9.05
E 5.80 6.00 6.20
E1 3.80 3.90 4.00
e 0.635BSC
h 0.30 ---- 0.50
L 0.50 ---- 0.80
L1 1.05REF
 0 ----- 8°
CW1274
© 2019-2020 Cellwise Microelectronics 19
Version history
Date Version Modified item
2019-07-22 1.0 V1.0 manual released
2019-09-23 1.1
1. Increase the upper and lower limit parameters of electrical characteristics
2. Revise the description of over-discharge release, temperature, load lock state, etc.
3. The delay time symbol is adjusted to lowercase t
4. Fixed some typos
2020-03-21 1.21. Added CW1274ALDS/ALCS product model
2. Revise the product application circuit
3. Fixed some typos
2020-07-27 1.3
1. Add CW1274ALFS product model
2. Add cascade application description
3. The delay time symbol is adjusted to lowercase t
4. Adjust SEL pin resistance for cascade application
5. Adjust the reference application circuit
6. Add package flash size
2020-11-02 1.4
1. Add CW1274ALHS/ALJS/ALKS/ALLS product model
2. Adjust the product application circuit (CH+)
statement
Saiwei Electronics Co., Ltd. reserves the right to make changes without prior notice in order to improve the reliability, function or design of products. for
Saiwei Electronics Co., Ltd. does not assume any responsibility for any problems arising in the application of any products and circuits described in this article; it does not assign any rights under its patent rights.
any license, and no other rights are transferred.
Without the official written authorization of the President of Saiwei Electronics, its products cannot be used as life support equipment or critical components in the system.
details as follows:
1. A life support device or system refers to a device or system as follows:
system: (a) for surgical implantation into the human body, or (b) for support
sustain or sustain life, and even in accordance with
Follow the instructions for correct operation, but if the operation fails, still
will cause serious injury to the user.
2. Critical components are life support equipment or systems that are
failure of this device can result in an entire life support device
or failure of the system, or affect its safety and use
Effect.

When the discharge temperature protection is released, it has a load lock function (optional), if the load is detected, the discharge MOSFET will remain off
state until the external load is removed

That load lock function explains all the complaint threads online where people say DALY BMS never come back after cut off, wiring in custom reset buttons and the like, and other people saying it is due to controllers that still place a small load on the battery even when off.

I was thinking the typical wakeup procedure of connecting them to the charger was the solution, not disconnecting the controller. Interesting.

Back