DALY Smart BMS: Anyone managed to change any settings?

pickworthi

100 W
I have a DALY Smart BMS (10S). It is functioning correctly, in that I have it connected to a 10S pack, and it is displaying the cell voltages in the PC application (UART connection) correctly. Also, charge and discharge are fine.

My issue is that I want to change the cell low voltage cut off, and cell maximum voltage. The application offers "set" options for these, but does not set them when told to do so - i.e. factory settings are still there when refreshed.

There are two PC applications. The one that is displaying things correctly is called "PC Master".
There is another application that has a Chinese only setup process, and displays an IC list to choose from when started. I've selected all the IC values presented, but in this application no data is displayed.

I suspect there is some magic hidden setting that is stopping things from being changed, but I can't find it :-(

I though I'd start with a short post to see if anyone here has managed to change any settings on a DALY smart BMS.

pickworthi said:
I have a DALY Smart BMS (10S). It is functioning correctly, in that I have it connected to a 10S pack, and it is displaying the cell voltages in the PC application (UART connection) correctly. Also, charge and discharge are fine.

My issue is that I want to change the cell low voltage cut off, and cell maximum voltage. The application offers "set" options for these, but does not set them when told to do so - i.e. factory settings are still there when refreshed.

There are two PC applications. The one that is displaying things correctly is called "PC Master".
There is another application that has a Chinese only setup process, and displays an IC list to choose from when started. I've selected all the IC values presented, but in this application no data is displayed.

I suspect there is some magic hidden setting that is stopping things from being changed, but I can't find it :-(

I though I'd start with a short post to see if anyone here has managed to change any settings on a DALY smart BMS.
I am still working on getting mine setup and translating the manual from Chinglish to English but ...

"PC Master" software is for the units that use the USB or RS485 Dongle.
The other software is for the "Sinowealth" units that have a 3 pin port labeled "Monitor" or "Mon".

Before you can "set" the parameters you must enter the password.
The default password is: "123456"

LewTwo said:
"PC Master" software is for the units that use the USB or RS485 Dongle.
The other software is for the "Sinowealth" units that have a 3 pin port labeled "Monitor" or "Mon".

Before you can "set" the parameters you must enter the password.
The default password is: "123456"

Mine has UART and 485 ports - does that make it one of the USB types? I'm using their 3P UART to USB cable.

I've attached a picture of what I see in the PC Master screen - nothing obviously named "password" - have you found the magic translation for the field to put the password in?

And thank you very much - I've tried contacting DALY support - no luck, and was just about at the giving up point. Very grateful for any encouragement.

Screenshot_2022-02-21_15-49-46.png

pickworthi said:
Mine has UART and 485 ports - does that make it one of the USB types? I'm using their 3P UART to USB cable.
Don't ask me where I found this (I am senile and forgot).
Daly USB-Monitor Cable.png

I placed a PDF file on my Google drive (586 Kbytes):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10m6VSvHsTpzLWuw6QR_EITgp8A-gTT27/view?usp=sharing

It is a work in progress but the last pages have the port pinouts.

Where to input the password .... I have seen that in the documentation somewhere but can not put my finger on it at the moment (did I mention being senile). I will keep looking.

EDIT:
I missed a page on the PDF up-load. It has been re-uploaded and now includes the page for the UART and RS485 ports ... sorry 'bout that.

Thanks for all the info .

I *think* that all my hardware is functioning correctly, in that I can connect, and do get status data from the device using the UART to USB cable.

The main reason I bought the thing was to be able to set the Cell Low Voltage Cutoff to values that make more sense (to me) than 2.7v.

I guess finding the magic password field is the task - tomorrow I'll have a go at typing "123456" into fields that look like they may serve that purpose and see what happens. Hopefully I don't brick the thing in the process :)

LewTwo said:
I spotted another post that says the password is only implemented in the Bluetooth software.
Are you getting cell voltages from the BMS ?

Yes, all cell voltage reported correctly.
Just can't change any settings,

Well in that case I have no clue. I thought it might be a problem with activation. I am still waiting for some bits from China to finish my "test system" battery (that is what I ordered the ET5410 DC Load for as well). I can not make any other suggestions until I get mine up and running.

Many thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

I thought I'd post some screenshots of what I see in the software.

After making the serial connection (COM6 in my case), this screen populates with the BMS details and cell voltages:
Screenshot_2022-02-22_10-05-52.png

Going to the "Readparam" tab, I press "Read All", and after a short wait the screen populates with these values:
Screenshot_2022-02-22_10-08-49.png

Switching to the "Parameter Settings" shows the same values in the updatable fields. However pressing any of the "set" buttons (after making a change) shows a little yellow square, and the value is unchanged in the BMS. :
Screenshot_2022-02-22_10-12-13.png

I think the key may be in the "Engineering Model" tab. However, if I click the "ChgControl" switch to ON, it goes straight back to OFF:
If I click the "Read" button, there is no response, and none of the other buttons work.
Screenshot_2022-02-22_10-14-41.png

I've tried putting "123456" into any fields that doesn't have a value, to no avail.

There is not much else I can try. I have a 6P UART to USB cable on it's way from China, I'll have another go when that arrives. The difference is that there are 6 pins in the UART port on the BMS, current cable only connects to three of them. Description on the sales site is ambiguous about which is needed.

I found a YouTube video of a guy changing the settings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k20iQ_k224E

Notably, he gets values in the "Firmware Index Number" and "Battery Code fields".

He also gets a yellow square back, but just tries again. Didn't work for me, but I'm game to keep clicking....

pickworthi said:
He also gets a yellow square back, but just tries again. Didn't work for me, but I'm game to keep clicking....

I gave up clicking after about 50 attempts. Yellow every time :-(
So, waiting for that 6P cable before trying agin.

Back