Direct Drive Hub Motor Calculator - Kv, Kt, Speed, Torque

teslanv

1 MW
I have been slowly improving upon the excel spreadsheet I developed for the MXUS Direct Drive Hub Motors, including the XF40-45H 3000W motors and the XF40 27mm 1000W motors.

I have come up with what I believe is a very accurate model of the relationship of Kv and Kt based on the winding pattern of a given motor diameter & stator width.

Phase resistance calculations are very rough, as I do not yet have a good mathematical model to predict phase resistance. I only have raw data from the limited number of stator widths and windings I have been able to test. - But they are close (+/-5%), at least for 3-turn through 7 turn winding patterns.

I have also included adjustment factors for Battery voltage, Tire Size and Phase Current, so that you can predict unloaded speed, and Starting thrust, as well as a close approximation of copper losses (heat) based on winding (Phase resistance) and phase current.

Have a gander at the info and let me know what you think.

MXUS Universal Calculator.jpg

View attachment MXUS Universal Calculator.xls

That's a nice work!

Do you know when Justin will have the MXUS 45 3T motor included in the motor options of the simulator?

Doc

teslanv said:
I bugged him about it a week ago. I know he is really busy, and I'm still waiting patiently. :)

That's an excellent response! :wink:

I know Justin is also really busy.

I am impatient to order the two motor from you :wink:

Doc

Back