"Does anyone have experience in basically upgrading from a Sabvaton controller to Nucular to power a QS 273 motor setup?"

Hello, I have an ebike that was built with a sabvaton controller which failed after 60 miles. I sourced a Nucular 24f controller from this site and installed it but I have been unable to get it configured properly. I was able to get the auto setup to find the motor, correct the angles, but had to reverse the motor direction. I have never been able to have it find the brake or throttle, throttle was working once but in the onboard PC still showed and error. It sort of worked meaning it sent a very limited amount of current to the motor and it turned when the throttle was turned but not enough to move the bike forward.

To program from beginning, the controller, battery, firmware, etc... Is beyond my talents and patience. I am willing to pay someone local to assist me, I would pay up to $100 an hour to sort everything out and get it running properly. Everything is brand new and worked previously I'm sure its just a matter of configuration.

Here are the specs:

QS273 3T
72v 70ah 200a battery (have the exact specs peak current phase etc.)
Nucular24f controller

Please let me know if you are in the SD area and are willing to network with me, again I am absolutely willing to pay cash for successful technical help.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-07 065316.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-07 065316.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The bike shops here are 'persona non grata' for e-bike help if you did not directly purchase the complete bike for them. I've called at least eight of them looking for help a few years ago. The one shop that did actually help overcharged and didn't even fix the problem (it was a PAS incompatibility between the sensor I provided and the controller, and they wouldn't have known that anyway). They are out of business now.

I'll go even further and say that in general, the bike shops here just plain suck. If I were you I'd be looking at Orange County / LA for help over this city. Here they tend to be extremely conservative in what they will work on. If it's nothing they have worked on before, or even if it's a component they have done 100 times but the brand is different, they WILL NOT touch it. You may have some luck contacting dirt bike or motorcycle shops and see if they have any electric experience. It will be a lot more of a chance than a mountain bike shop for that type of bike.

The bike shops here are 'persona non grata' for e-bike help if you did not directly purchase the complete bike for them. I've called at least eight of them looking for help a few years ago. The one shop that did actually help overcharged and didn't even fix the problem (it was a PAS incompatibility between the sensor I provided and the controller, and they wouldn't have known that anyway). They are out of business now.

I'll go even further and say that in general, the bike shops here just plain suck. If I were you I'd be looking at Orange County / LA for help over this city. Here they tend to be extremely conservative in what they will work on. If it's nothing they have worked on before, or even if it's a component they have done 100 times but the brand is different, they WILL NOT touch it. You may have some luck contacting dirt bike or motorcycle shops and see if they have any electric experience. It will be a lot more of a chance than a mountain bike shop for that type of bike.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't thinking LBS at all. I actually posted this in technical help but it looks like the forum monitor moved to this help wanted forum. I'm really only interested in someone that has knowledge with this Nucular controller. Honestly if I can't find technical help I'll just sell it for pennies and move on. Thanks

Hello, I have an ebike that was built with a sabvaton controller and QS273 bundle kit which failed after 60 miles. I sourced a Nucular 24f controller from this site and installed it but I have been unable to get it configured properly. I was able to get the auto setup to find the motor, correct the angles, but had to reverse the motor direction. I have never been able to have it find the brake or throttle, throttle was working once but in the onboard PC still showed and error. It sort of worked meaning it sent a very limited amount of current to the motor and it turned when the throttle was turned but not enough to move the bike forward.

To program from beginning, the controller, battery, firmware, etc... Is beyond my talents and patience.

"Does anyone have experience in basically upgrading from a Sabvaton controller to Nucular to power a QS 273 motor setup?"

I'm so close, yet so far I feel like just scrapping the whole thing into the garbage...

Here are the specs:

QS273 3T
72v 70ah 200a battery (have the exact specs peak current phase etc.)
Nucular24f controller

Thank you in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-07 065316.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-07 065316.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 0
Back