Double coil contactor

maarkmohamed

100 W
Hello question I have is there any double coil dc contactors? Reason for this is because If I have two bms I would like both of them going to one contactor to turn off the main load.

Link below is one that I saw which has a set of 4 wires just wasn't sure if that's what I was looking for

Assuming you are talking about having the contactor closed only when both BMS's trigger them close. So that if one BMS wants to open the contactor coil, it'll trigger open even if the other BMS is trying to close it.

If that's the case, couldn't you just wire each BMS to trigger a relay to close the contactor, and wire those two relays in series to trigger a single coil contactor? If one relay opens, the whole circuit opens.

Assuming you are talking about having the contactor closed only when both BMS's trigger them close. So that if one BMS wants to open the contactor coil, it'll trigger open even if the other BMS is trying to close it.

If that's the case, couldn't you just wire each BMS to trigger a relay to close the contactor, and wire those two relays in series to trigger a single coil contactor? If one relay opens, the whole circuit opens.
Thank you for your input. Actually what I was looking for is if either of the two bms turns off I want the power to the main source off. That being said you still did give me an idea which might have resolved my problem. Thank you.

Back