• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E Bike Business issues

Joe Cool

1 mW
I have been in business for 40 years and am nearing retirement. I ran a service business and built Hot Rod cars on the side. I was a people person and that is how my business prospered.
I love E Bike's and have had one since 2007. Recently I have decided to build a new one and do some business with an American company to make the purchase and then look to them for the support.
I am not cheap , but I want to build my own bike hence the conversion.

Here is what I have found out about the companies that are E bike stores only and those that are your normal LBS.

I have been very disappointed in the business models of many of the E Bike stores. Many of them do not list even a phone number if they have one they do not return calls?
I have sent them emails and here is a couple responses here after I told them about not being able to leave a message or not having a phone.

No phone response and left email Response: " tell me your story here" left that email message for me.
Has a phone and left this response in my inbox : "Sorry we don't have the provision to leave a message"
Another says after answering the call.. " sorry I dont have time to talk right now but will call you back or send me an email" Never called back...I never bothered to send an email

I have several more I could list but I have a question.........do any of these guys know anything about business? Its people that generate business....people are who you have to deal with and you should know how to? duh

I am really shocked about the apathy showed by somebody saying they are running a business. Sounds like children running their business from their bedrooms or garages.

As far as the Local Bike Stores......They could care less about E bikes.....and dont want anything to do with them......

Wake up if you want to call yourself a business and act like one!

It's what I do, try not to ever leave customer dangling with no response. I cost the company I work for a shitload of money, then they whine our prices are so high.

If you see bottom scraping prices, don't expect a lot of money to go to customer communications.

Back