• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Greyborg owners' pics

Yes, great looking bike. I'm putting my controller outside the frame too so that I have more space for the batteries/bms. What have you got underneath? Oh and thanks for the tip about where to put or rather not to put the velcro! Have you got an idea of where would be better now that you have some experience there?

Nice idea on the velco Cicada, bikes looking great. I have also been looking at Rubber seals, I had thought that a car door seal would be too big, but actually after seeing yours I am going to get some. I want to fit a small kids seat to the top bar, so can drop my son at school, the thick rubber seal should help the panels go around the bracket. Please post up more pictures of the bike!

Thanks for the nice comments,

This is where fissures points are (or going to be, in the lower part), the red one is the one where I went wrong, is too much in line with the battery support flap, better choose a point in between the two flaps (same for the lower part).
One velcro underneath will work fine as well

IMG_2303-mod.JPG

It has been impossible for me to find two identical rubber seal in the trash bin at the wrecker, I had to be pratical and look for two with same thickness, I had very little tollerance to play with, I suggest to make your mesurement anyway, I think my Shlumpf axle is the wider version, if someone needs can have a looksky to that.

IMG_2353.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2359.JPG
IMG_2308_mod.JPG

Marzocchi Bomber 888 evo is performing well, I ride very far from it's limit,
without a rear brake I can't really go warp speed downhill ,
on the road regen brake is good enough.
I very much like the Hope V2 vented rotor AND adjustable lever.

IMG_2346_mod.JPG
View attachment 7

26' tires, ratio torque/speed is ok for some nice enduro, 32 kg bike, I am 75 kg, it's good.
I am very happy with the rear good old superheavy downhill Michelin 2.8 soft compound
shame we can't source that tires anymore...
View attachment 3
IMG_2386_mod.JPG
IMG_2355_mod.JPG
View attachment 3
IMG_2399.JPG
greyborg.JPG

Go Borgs! :mrgreen:

Fantastic looking bike, I really hope I get mine looking as professional as yours. I've just started a build thread here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45514

And here's my first pic:
IMG-20121113-00020.jpg

It's alive!
IMG-20121119-00027.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/pgpatrick/IMG-20121119-00029.jpg
Just ignore the messy wiring, I have to figure out how to tidy everything now.

And damn is it powerful!26s lifepo4, 18 fets of lyen and a great big cromotor. I was just in my bicycle helmet, so I chickened out at 80km/h :shock:

I think I'm in love, thanks Hal/Accountant and all the other forumites for all the help again :D

Whoop whoooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Patrickza!
Greyborg Warp feels like a camel more than a bike, doesn't she?
Such a safe feeling it doesn't look like you are speeding at 80kph!!!
Welcome in the "I need a new helmet" club.

Cicada said:
Whoop whoooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Patrickza!
Greyborg Warp feels like a camel more than a bike, doesn't she?
Such a safe feeling it doesn't look like you are speeding at 80kph!!!
Welcome in the "I need a new helmet" club.

Tell me about it. On my kona I'm terrified over 50km/h, last night wearing my motorcycle helmet I often had to look down to see how fast I was going and was often surprised by the speed. I still haven't topped out yet. I'll wear my full motorcycle suit this weekend and try find an empty-ish road. Our speed limits here are mostly 60km/h so I'll need to watch out a little. Here was a quick speed test after already doing 30kms last night:
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMTIwLTAwMDM4LmpwZw.jpg

I had no idea I'd be travelling this fast, I'm loving this bike, and the cromotor too. So much torque, it's actually tough staying smooth as every bump send my wrist moving a fraction shooting me forward. The cruise control has come in so handy for maintaining smoothness :)

My cruise control almost killed me the other day, I just pulled on the side of the road to fix the rear fender touching the tire and accidentally I hit the + button, I was lucky there was a big rock 3 meters in front of me on the footpath, I targeted the bike to go that way (brakes were just useless and regen button was too far to reach in a fraction of second) climbed the step as it wasn't there and dragged me stopping against the rock and the controller cut/off kicked in, otherwise I was still running with the bike...
I always point my front wheel to something safe when stop at a traffic light or something like that, it's like a gun, never point to the kids even if unloaded. :roll:
I don't know your, but if my bike fall on the floor, (I run few simulation, it's just silly think that this is never going to happen), the fork sides at the head tube will hit the side covers, I presume will crack that ones in case of a strong hit, the worse could happen if the bikes falls and the handlebar hits the the floor first (as usually happens), spinning the fork at same speed of this heavy truck tasting the floor.
I suggest to put there something chunky to limit the fork spinning range right BEFORE this hits the thin side covers,
would be awesome if someone comes with a nice idea of how to do this...
So...how many Warp frame so far? I am very curios to know. Maybe we should open a Facebook page or something? What's the best way to know how many of this bikes are now up and running?
(edited : I fixed a couple of verbs, my Enlglish is crap :oops: )

What weight shock spring are the rest of you guys using on your borgs? I bought a 400lb spring for my Manitou shock, but it feels too hard for my liking. All up weight for the bike and myself is about 260 pounds...

H Patrick,
I have the same issue with a 500lbs spring, it is good on the road but offroad looks a bit too stiff.

I haven't posted on this thread in ages, but I still have my Greyborg, it is am awesome bike. I am actually thinking about selling it though, so if anyone is following this thread and interested in one, I am intending to sell mine, simply because I don't get out on it enough. It is running 20S Lipo (20ah), and currently has a 5404 in it and a 24 Fet Lyen controller. It is an awesome machine, but as I said I could probably use the space in my garage as I am not using it enough. I will post up photos in a separate for sale thread, but thought I would mention it here. Having said that. it is currently off the road whilst i fix a simple issue with it I haven't had time to fix as I was very busy last year, but last time I rode it I decided I shouldn't sell it, so perhaps when I ride it again I will change my mind, but figure I would put my intentions out here in case someone was interested in it, I would be extremely reasonable on pricing, in truth I would only be selling it to make space and because I feel it is wasted in my garage most of the time. Hal did an amazing job with these frames, he really deserves credit as a pioneer and visionary.

Edit: I am located in Canberra, Australia.

mmm, what's your next project Phil? :mrgreen:

I put together a DH comp with 12S on a HS3548 and it is a lot more stealth, so I have been using that mainly along with my Yuba. For a while I toyed with the idea of a 20inch cargo bike, but I hardly earned anything last year, so I have to focus more on work this year unfortunately, and I doubt I will be doing anymore bike work a spending much this year.

Yours are all so neat compared to mine! What's under the covers Stevil?

borgbrake.jpgBent the brake adapter last night braking really hard :cry:

Anyone have the measurements of the part circled in the picture so I can have one made somewhere. I think this time I'll have it made solid instead of hollowed out for some extra strength.

Back