E.S. Quotable Quotes !

neptronix said:
Using the bbs02 for a few weeks hurt me so intensely that i ended up in physical therapy when i was sidelined with extreme knee pain.
that sounds about right

999zip999 on his iPhonepad said:
Plus when everything's proprietary like the falco you're asking for a headache.

shh... don't anyone tell him about his apple.
i'm sure he'll figger it out eventual.
[youtube]6GVJpOmaDyU[/youtube]

he's baaa-ack!
he just can't resist outing himself....
SafeDicDancing said:
But wasn't safe really evil and into all kinds of Luciferian stuff?

We must remain as very naive children and fear this type of person.

In my opinion we must NEVER speak of this horrible person ever again.

After all this guy is literally Lucifer !!!

Safe must never again be mentioned.
3087596.jpg

bebe safe
safe is his actual fer reel middle name.
his parents wanted a constant stern reminder of the disasterous consequence when not using one.

Chalo said:
The folks I meet in the shop here in Austin who get super fanatical about flat preventives don't need such measures. They need to A) stop riding in the gutter over broken glass and B) not be phobic about the possibility that they might need to fix a flat once in a long while.
tres douche

Blaise Pascal said:
Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference is nowhere.

from Triketech

Like to actually pedal and shift gears? Take Mid Drive off the list. No matter the unit, they simply suck when it comes to a rider who wants to ride hard. Derailleurs, IGH's no matter, they all shift like their passing a brick past their anuses with a Mid Drive.

These two posts, in response to one another was funny, a smart wit of minds, very rare these days.

Its in order of sequence.

Chalo said:
Clever-ish use of 80/20 aluminum sections. It looks like your frame geometry is good as long as nothing slips under load.

wyojustin said:
Thanks-ish.

In Full context

Chalo said:
Clever-ish use of 80/20 aluminum sections. It looks like your frame geometry is good as long as nothing slips under load.

Here is Austin a few years back, there was a guy who built bolted-together pedicab trailers from Telespar (the perforated square tubing often used for street sign supports). The city withheld inspection approval until he welded the frames up, which was messy because of the thick zinc plating on those pieces.

wyojustin said:
Thanks-ish.

Too bad about the guy from Austin having to weld up that Telespar gear. I hope I have more luck here in VA. These joints are are doubly and tripply redundant and thread-locked. I have 1500 miles on my 80/20 electric recumbant (VeloRaptor!) without slippage, so I feel fairly confident in the Veloce.

Then a dig on pedicab cyclists who dont keep maintenance up on their pedicabs.
The more I get to know Austin, through podcasts of all the comedians moving to Austin, the more I am digging Austin. I learned just a few years ago how eccentric Austin can be, but the new news I've learned is all the great restaurants in Austin that some claim to be more diverse then Cali. Perhaps more genuine Mexican selections because its Texas, then yuppified Cali.

Chalo said:
wyojustin said:
Too bad about the guy from Austin having to weld up that Telespar gear. I hope I have more luck here in VA.

No, it was a good call. Pedicabbers can barely be relied upon to keep their tires aired up, let alone regularly check their frame bolts for tightness. It wasn't them who'd have been splayed out in the lane when something went awry.

Your bike has attentive supervision, so I'm sure it's okay.

modernbike.com

"my experience has been that a 680mm bar will be roughly 20mm narrower than a 700."

Sad. You feed him then mock him. Plonk.

ZeroEm said:
by oded » Sep 29 2021 2:06pm

I made a mistake and installed a way too powerful controller on my e-dirt bike. The bike can not be ridden like this as a small twist of a throttle causes the bike to launch like a rocket.

ZeroEm said:
by liveforphysics » Jan 19 2023 2:51pm

I think a proper bike should throw your ass on the ground hard if you get in and whisky-throttle it.

One of you three is doing something right!

"So, the OP should be advised: you will not go that fast with a Bafang whateverdoodle and you will burn it down if you try. And forget fat goofy tires if you want to go fast. You might as well drag a footlocker on a rope." - Chalo 2023

I'll definitely have more to say when I upgrade to AWD. I currently have it taken apart once again. I'm cleaning out a room to make a workspace for it and waiting to hear back from Grin regarding a special 3T wind version of the All-axle side motors.

But I very much do love my flimsy kayak of death. It's going to be much more death-ier soon with the addition of two more motors and controllers, and I'll be sure to play death metal and Satanic black metal while riding it very, very recklessly.

Probably for years, hopefully for decades. I have more than 70k miles on that frame since 2016, albeit only a little over 1/3 of those have been as an EV. There's been one wreck, having been rear-ended at a stop light. I was unhurt, the frame undamaged, and only the body needed repairs, but it could easily have been a lot worse. This thing is getting a roll cage, safety harness, and crumple zones, but that doesn't mean it will be anything near as safe as a modern car, as it will still be under 100-ish lbs and still very much a death trap.

Glad my quote was amusing. I thank Chalo for inspiring that quote, as he introduced me to the term "flimsy kayak". His advice also helped me put this thing together, as it was the first bike I'd ever built myself. That man knows his shit and I take nothing that he says lightly, regardless of whether I agree with it.

Not from ES, but:

I was watching (well, playing in the background while I work on learning some robotics stuff) "Why Shouldn't The Universe Exist?" when they started discussing mass/energy equivalents, and used a puppy as an example:
"for example, a small dog weighing about 9kg, stores energy equivalent to....200 megatons of TNT (dynamite); roughly the energy released by Krakatoa in the eruption of 1883"

....I'd believe that. :lol:

Back