E scooter

$dola$

10 µW
I just got my daughter another mod scooter 24v Kiki she's got 1 already and loves it she's 12 and has down syndrome. She gives the scooter hell my buddy had same exact 1 in his garage for like a yr his daughter rode it once . I gave him 100 bux for it brought it home it's been charging since 10 this morning and the only difference is the power button lights up but the throttle does nothing . I checked fuse it's good. Could the batteries just b shot from sitting so long?

I just got my daughter another mod scooter 24v Kiki she's got 1 already and loves it she's 12 and has down syndrome. She gives the scooter hell my buddy had same exact 1 in his garage for like a yr his daughter rode it once . I gave him 100 bux for it brought it home it's been charging since 10 this morning and the only difference is the power button lights up but the throttle does nothing . I checked fuse it's good. Could the batteries just b shot from sitting so long?
Also I happen to have an extra battery that is exactly the same and 2 smaller batteries that are very close to the same . I'm wondering can I just wire up my 20 v 9 a dewalt battery some way to this

What voltage do you measure across each of the (probably two) batteries in it, with the charger not connected, and the scooter turned on? If it's too low, the system probably won't run (see below). If it's normal, it may be damaged. Full is around 14-14.4v each 28-29v total, empty is around 10-11v each 20-22v total.

If it's using two 12v SLA / AGM batteries, it probably barely operates at 20v, and may even have an LVC (low voltage cutoff) at or even above that point, so it's probably not going to operate from the Dewalt battery.

You can still try it, if the DW battery will operate things other than the tools it's made for.

Otherwise, for simplicity, I'd recommend getting the exact same batteries it came with as replacements. Not just any old SLA, etc., but the exact same brand/model for best match, assuming it came with the right ones to start with. You want ones that are "deep cycle" "EV rated", "high current", not "standby use" or UPS batteries, etc. You want ones that can supply high current without sagging in voltage much.

When you get them, don't forget to keep them charged up all the time; letting them sit for any amount of time after using them without recharging them, or just letting them sit and self-discharging over time, is usually what does the most damage to them.

What voltage do you measure across each of the (probably two) batteries in it, with the charger not connected, and the scooter turned on? If it's too low, the system probably won't run (see below). If it's normal, it may be damaged. Full is around 14-14.4v each 28-29v total, empty is around 10-11v each 20-22v total.

If it's using two 12v SLA / AGM batteries, it probably barely operates at 20v, and may even have an LVC (low voltage cutoff) at or even above that point, so it's probably not going to operate from the Dewalt battery.

You can still try it, if the DW battery will operate things other than the tools it's made for.

Otherwise, for simplicity, I'd recommend getting the exact same batteries it came with as replacements. Not just any old SLA, etc., but the exact same brand/model for best match, assuming it came with the right ones to start with. You want ones that are "deep cycle" "EV rated", "high current", not "standby use" or UPS batteries, etc. You want ones that can supply high current without sagging in voltage much.

When you get them, don't forget to keep them charged up all the time; letting them sit for any amount of time after using them without recharging them, or just letting them sit and self-discharging over time, is usually what does the most damage to them.
Yea it's 2 batteries and it is the 2 that come with it cuz I have another that is the same exact and has the same batteries and I actually have an extra battery that I pulled out of a pair of emergency flood lights when I was doin demo in a commercial bldg. I just was wondering about the dewalt batteries cuz I've seen ppl put up videos on you tube of converting them to use ryobi batteries I haven't watched n e of the videos they just popped up in the stuff I was looking at

The bigger battery is the extra I have but it happens to b the same exact battery tht comes in the scooter 12v 7a and now tht I think about it I believe most ryobi tools run off 12 v and most dewalt run off 20 I am by no means n e type of electrical savvy or know much about electric but I guess if the ryobis r 12 v and the dewalt 20 v it makes sense y the dewalts don't convert does tht make sense cuz the scooter is 24 v with 2 of the 12 v batteries

Back