E-skateboard down hay street in East Perth

Dark Knight

100 W
Was just wandering down East Perth at around lunch time today and saw a dude spinning down hay street on a powered skateboard..if you're on the forums, just wanted to say it looked cool dude. Think it was being driven by a wii nunchuck...but can't be sure.
Respect!

I saw a guy a few months ago on a Sunday in the overpass between Art Museum and the Perth train station. It looked home built longboard with Polyurethane wheels, was a little noisy like I'd expect it to be with an outrunner with chain.

He was a bit obnoxious actually , station overpass was pretty busy but he didn't get off, he just looked annoyed that crowd were forcing him to slow down.

Yeah...never good if they're a bit obnoxious...doesn't help the EV cause...
The guy I saw was right to the side of the road so wasn't effecting traffic or pedestrians...might have had a car door opened on him though...but we all run that risk.
Made me think about building up a board at some time though...cool concept standing up with a wii controller in hand for the stop and goey!

Whoa. This isn't an Australian forum but there are that many of us in Perth?

I have been cruising around Perth, but that doesn't sound like me. I ride with red/white/blue LEDs on and mainly on the footpaths. It's so nice that I'm gonna go for a ride around the river this evening.

Anyone wanna join in?

I'm starting to skate into work @ QV1 via south perth foreshore

Here's a pick

I'd be keen for a cruz around the river.

Alien setup on a Comet with (what are those? Aeras? Ronins?) Nice build mate!

That day I went skating, went from South Perth foreshore over the Causeway and round the belltower and back over the narrows to the foreshore..

Hmmm.. that only used like 2500mah.

Back over the causeway into the city, up to kings park, through kings park, down jacobs ladder around to Matilda Bay, around to Crawley Bay for Lunch, Back to Foreshore (only used about 15000mah)

When the weather clears up again, send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers and go for a ride

Wow, 15000mAh, I think I have a 5000 6S battery so realistically I probably can get about 3500mAh but I haven't measured. Climbing up to kings park would absolutely chew batteries. I like the bike paths around the river because they are smooth and flat so you can get some good speed up.

Yep it's an alien setup, second hand out of gumtree, I swapped out the deck as I like the comet for the kick, the trucks are Rey trucks. The deck is a metric bomb designed by paul scmitt so it has old yard stick and rip saw graphics on it.

Just mounting a gopro at the moment for a bit of fun.

Weather is shit again, I'll PM you.

Back