Early Emmo Shadow scooter ebike!

TK2112

1 µW
Would anyone happen to have any information on the an early Emmo Shadow ? its likely 2015ish to 2018. Ive tried contacting Emmo.ca and they have nothing other than "oh thats an early model i have here"...erm yeah figured that pretty easily... anyway im looking for wiring schematics for the model its ,purple / metallic and can be either 60v or 72v... and That is why i want more info....to add a 6th 12v cell to the 60v bank it has now! And i want to know where to locate and id. the wire col....only 1 that jumps at me is a short white wire with a tiny circuit board and trim pot inside shrink tubing ! although that might be a variable resistor for something like speed control im not sure!!! anyway. Hello to all ...im new here as of today and hope someone has some answers for me soon enough!!!! thank you all!!! TK2112 If the controller limits speed and accel. not much use me adding an extra 12v20ah lead acid battery at all!!! Anyway thats it! lol

wow ...its like watching two people talk Sumerian!!! lol...looks and sounds amazing but so far over my head i had no clue what was actually being said!!! anyway reason i replied here im looking for info on a Emmo shadow likely about that same year.....emmo tech told be this model ran on either 60v or 72v so i was thinking going up by 1 more cell to 72v....everything seems to be stock...i hit about 55kmh or 28 mph on an app. Being an old motorcycle dude id like a bot of extra torque if possible or higher top speed is also cool!!! have no clue where or what color wire it is! i left my first post about this 20 min ago...so if anyone can help id be a happy man!!! thanks!!!

To add voltage to the system, you'll probably have to replace the controller with one that is made for the higher voltage, and probably a new DC-DC for the lights/etc as well, if it has one.

Any fuses / breakers / etc on the battery system will also need to be able to handle the higher voltage (or they aren't guaranteed to break the circuit in case of a short, etc).

Then you'll need a new charger for the new full voltage.

Adding a single SLA to a series set of them is very simple, once you have the rest of the parts in the system able to handle it, you simply add a wire from it's negative ot the positive of the most positive SLA that's already in there, and then connect the main positive to it's positive.

Note that the higher speed will take higher power, and drain your battery faster, lowering your range by some (probably significant) amount. Higher torque will do that even more quickly.

You can test for speed limiting by getting the driven wheel off ground. If it runs the same speed off ground as on, it's limited in the controller. If it's faster offground, then it's not limited in the controller (or at least, not limited to what you're presently running at).

You should check to be sure your wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, etc. is all capable of the higher speeds, and replace anything that isn't designed for them, so you don't have failures when you really don't want them.

If you want "a bot (lot?) of extra torque" you're going to need a higher current controller, and a bigger more capable battery that can supply all that extra current.

To find out how much current (amps) / power (watts) you need for the torque you are after, and let you guesstimate the battery you'll need, you can go to the simulators at ebikes.ca and learn how to use them for your specific riding conditions and goals.

I moved the second post out of this thread
into your original thread about it, so that those helping you won't be scattering their efforts among multiple threads, and all the info is in one place and you won't have to keep answering the same questions over and over (and those helping won't have to keep asking them).

Back