ebikealltheway's troubleshooting thread

VoKuS

100 W
If any one wants to help this guy, feel free.
I think he is trying to power an ebike with one 6s lipo pack.
I feel like this is a house fire waiting to happen.
I will be out for work and will not be able to help this guy, nor do I really want to.
Thx.

ebikealltheway
you got these
ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 6S1P 30C
a while back and i just got them.. i made an adpters bullet to andersons since my whole bike is andersons and i dont want to mess up soldering andersons on the 90$ batteries... they look nothing like a normal bullet connector do i need to take the heat shrink off the tip??
vokus
You may have PM'ed the wrong person, I am not sure what you are talking about!

Thx
ebikealltheway
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25700

and if you dont know can you please help me at least find someone who does thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vokus
1. Shrink Wrap and Tip
If I understand you correctly, you are asking me if you should take off the heat-shrink from the connectors on your new lipo battery.
The answer is NO! No, because doing so will expose live wires on a very high power battery pack, and if you accidentally short circuit the wires, you can cause an explosion, fire, and hurt to your self.

2. Normal Bullet Connectors
Their is no such thing as normal bullet connectors, bullet connectors come in all shapes and sizes. You have to buy correctly sized bullet connectors and plug them in to your battery.
According the description page you need 5.5mm bullet connectors.
"Discharge plug: 5.5mm Bullet-connector (without housing)"
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16228

PLEASE HELP ME i just got these batteries.. 4.. and the heat shrink at the connectors makes you think its impossible to connect it to anything... do i have to remove it???

I have PM'd the member, to advise not to use PMs for this sort of thing, and to create a thread (or use this one) for the troubleshooting, and include all the details of the problem and the solutions already tried.

Yes, cut them and make them look like this:

I had the same exact question 2 months ago. You must be totally new just like I was (still am actually). Be careful dude. These aren't toys! Even though they are adult toys! Think safety. Think prevention. I've shorted 3 times already :( .... scary shite!

ebikealltheway said:
i have 4 of these batteries..
I would say that you are unlikely to get any useful help without providing what was asked for:
amberwolf said:
include all the details of the problem and the solutions already tried.

Telling us you "have 4 of these batteries" doesn't help us help you at all.

i have four of these batteries http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16228__ZIPPY_Flightmax_8000mAh_6S1P_30C_.html how do you connect the battery?? it looks like the heat shrink covers most of the connector.. it comes with 5.5mm bullet connectors...i would like to make an adapter to andersons because i would hate to mess up soldering new connectors and ruin a 88 $ battery

i see that these are 8000mAh ,,,, would i be right in saying that they are 8AH ?? if so next time i need batteries i will be buying some of these as over here a 48v 10ah bottle battery is £300 with postage,

if i go for them what would be the best way to charge them ,, one battery at a time or as the made up pack of 48v???

any one know what the highest charge rate that they can be charged safely in amps ??

i just happened to be on so i might as well answer... the best way i think personally is one at a time i would just use this http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Balance-Charger-Discharger-Software/dp/9269806723 but if you want to charge in a pack its up to you... talking about amps...the website says 5(c) which means 5(c) is the MAX! to charge at as in you will die if you dont get these charged now... 5c is really really really high for these batteries... really high... i would say if you are being casual about 2-3 c which is around 16-24 amps.... but each cell wont quite be even...by far the best is to charge at 1 c which for these batts is 8amps... its worth it in the long run but if you think youll be constantly upgrading and you just want it to get the job done then 16-24 amps good

ebikealltheway said:
i just happened to be on so i might as well answer... the best way i think personally is one at a time i would just use this http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Balance-Charger-Discharger-Software/dp/9269806723 but if you want to charge in a pack its up to you... talking about amps...the website says 5(c) which means 5(c) is the MAX! to charge at as in you will die if you dont get these charged now... 5c is really really really high for these batteries... really high... i would say if you are being casual about 2-3 c which is around 16-24 amps.... but each cell wont quite be even...by far the best is to charge at 1 c which for these batts is 8amps... its worth it in the long run but if you think youll be constantly upgrading and you just want it to get the job done then 16-24 amps good

thanks for that m8 ,, they seem to be a better deal all around, light, cheap , and alot quicker charging , i have pinned the page that you put with the charger and will read it properly later,

i would only need 4 of them which is around £225.96 plus postage, for the quicker charging and cost, they are alot better deal than the bottle battery i have,

yep these are my next buy ,,

Back