• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Elation eBike Technical Support - V2

After a long time, I managed to fix my freewheel crank.

It is the 'DICTA' version, not the CSK sprague version (thank god). So I changed the freewheel with ACS one. It fits perfectly,

From eclipsebike.com in UK, 18GBP shipped to Australia! Great price and service.
http://eclipsebikes.com/crossfire-freewheel-p-1075.html

ACSfreewheel.jpg

It looks much better than the original Dicta one. I heard only good things about these ACS freewheel so let's see how long it would last.

I use the 'dicta removal tool' from ebay. It looks like this, $15.

super-b-freewheel-remover-bmx-39862.jpg

It was *very* hard to remove. Impossible using wrench and even a cheap impact wrench. Luckily my neighbour had expensive impact wrench which loosened it! I was about to bring it to the bike shop.

zx6rj1 said:
After a long time, I managed to fix my freewheel crank.

It is the 'DICTA' version, not the CSK sprague version (thank god). So I changed the freewheel with ACS one. It fits perfectly,

From eclipsebike.com in UK, 18GBP shipped to Australia! Great price and service.
Yep the ACS ones are a nice reasonable priced option but based on the one I used and killed they are still a consumable part. It lasted more Km than the dicta one though.
I fixed my elation V2 with a Sick bike parts HD freewheel but they are really expensive.
That was still working when my crank broke so I swapped over to a different front crank set, using sick bike parts sprockets etc and now if anything else fails I would just use a cyclone 3 chainwheel crank. (2 front sprockets + motor drive sprocket). Basically I have one here and it would work fine with the elation motor mount setup. Between the bottom bracket, the motor mount and the motor sprocket there is enough adjustment to get everything lied up (use a longer bottom bracket).

The cyclone setup doesn't have the wild bend in the cranks that the elation V2 had so they are stronger and stiffer.

Are you referring to this freewheel? I had considered it but from the reading here they are a bit thicker?

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=173&osCsid=ecm8oec2ttbsltrecd5cga4t96
whitefw.jpg

I wasn't sure if it was a direct replacement. Did you simply replace the V2 crankshaft freewheel without any modifications?

My original dicta lasted for about 2 years with heavy use (commuting, europe trip, etc). But when it failed it was quite scary, locked during full throttle and about to throw me off the bike :lol:

zx6rj1 said:
Are you referring to this freewheel? I had considered it but from the reading here they are a bit thicker?
I wasn't sure if it was a direct replacement. Did you simply replace the V2 crankshaft freewheel without any modificatio
It was a while ago when I did though since i did this so I might not remember all the details
I just had a look out in my shed as mine is still on a broken crank.
From what I remember and what it looks like it fitted ok but it had clearance issues with the smallest sprocket. currently removed on my setup but I think I did have it fitted at one point and it was usable but a little further out. I barely used the small ring on the front so removed it as with this freewheel the bolts for the granny were a fraction to short to be reliable.
I can't find my small sprocket so I can't check the interferance but the other two rings and the drive ring are fine.

I think it was just the lugs of the small sprocket where they bolt on hitting the outer edge of the freewheel. probably close enough to file.

Back