• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Electric Onda Board

EDroid

1 mW
Personally, I've never really liked flexible decks for that very reason. 8 or 9 ply maple is the way to go if you want a solid, stable ride at speeds above 30mph. Also, not sure why anyone would manufacture a flexible drop-down deck. :roll:

What are you going to replace the Onda deck with? Any ideas?

I don't exactly know yet what to do with onda, should i just ride slow with it (with +2kw motors :D) or try to harden deck with something(aluminium).

Well cant blame onda ,it is my first skateboard ,flexible deck ,motors , what could go wrong? :D

But i have been thinking about making allterrain board 4wd or 2wd with air-filled tires ,because it would be nice to ride on paths and dirt roads too.

And as much as possible diy parts,because the onda project has already paid +600€

Hi Guys,

I have been following the board for some time its really a great resource for all of us hackers and DIY people. I wanted to give some information on the ONDA build, its unstable at higher speeds, partly because of the tension shocks, however, i know Onda has improved the quality of the shocks over time. The new shocks will maybe improve the wobble issues that can occur at higher speeds.

I 3d printed some hard plastic shocks for the back, and im currently riding with that, i lost a great deal of the fun of riding the board, but its more secure for non experienced riders.

See attached the evolution of my onda board electric build. Everything is 3d printed, using as little modification to the original board as possible.

2xsensored motors
2xbatteries 5000mah
2xdisc brakes
Speed geared to 30 kmh
Controlled by my iPhone, 3 virtual gears, launch mode and other fun features

BR
Sune Pedersen

Attachments

• IMG_9399.jpg
    IMG_9399.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 4,360
  • IMG_9432.jpg
    IMG_9432.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 4,360
  • IMG_9440.jpg
    IMG_9440.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 4,360
  • IMG_9800.JPG
    IMG_9800.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 4,360
  • IMG_9811.jpg
    IMG_9811.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 4,360
  • IMG_9813.jpg
    IMG_9813.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 4,360
EDroid said:
I am pretty done with this flexible board i have already fall down 2times @+25kmh ,because trcuks shakes like hell i am not sure why ,but i think its because board is so flexible.

Drop decks are easy to push. . . A bit of flex helps cushion the bumps

Flexy decks are great to ride - people I know bomb Vanguards and Dervishes - flexy decks, tight trucks. Saying that I had an old skool 11 ply evo on randal DH's

Those big alloy wheels dont cushion much compared to 83mm Abecs either - hence the deck flex

The ONDA trucks look pretty average though - meant for kids to ride around the park - decent longboard trucks kick ass

Try a turny front kingpin angle (i lived in Randal land way back when . . ) - 42 degree maybe and a DH style rear 35 deg (28 degrees is too stable and makes your turning circle huge!) with different kingpin angles - the difference will bend your mind

Thats some savage disk brake action there!!

Im using the NTM 270kv and manually added sensors, and a HK150 amp ESC.

Here is a video of the version from end of 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHm3cZ50u0o

Btw for those of you who have speed issues with the onda board. The earlier shocks has issues, but if you request new shocks from onda the quality will be better and much more durable and handling high speeds perfectly.

Some cool features like the phone lean sensor.

Definitely the new Onda truck inserts are pretty stiff.

Now its a choice of Blue, Red and Black. Softer to harder.

Even the blue's are pretty stiff and I am about 170#.

I think you would have to be a sasquatch to turn the black ones quickly.

To Sune.. If your going to have a kit it needs to be for the newer Longa/Mammouth boards because the old ones are no longer sold new and very hard to find used.

Also 25km top speed? What's the point of having fancy electric brakes for those low speeds?

Back