Em3ev no longer selling Mac Motors

I came into a bit of very easy cash, around me, the diy scene is expanding, big time. I have to pay attention to how many diy'ers are wrongly choosing a mid drive system for their ebike, for my area, as I may jump into it and get ready for next season, need a buffer for shipping problems. The geared hub motor is a great motor for the not-long hills we got pretty much everywhere. Its choosing the right power levels thats the key. To little power and your suffering, having to pedal hard. To much power and you wont pedal at all.

New EM3ev black 12FET available lower 48 only.

kudos said:
Thanks to PRW I have now made contact with Shelly from MacMotorTech, just asking for some prices on various kit.
glad it worked!
kudos said:
PRW I see you ordered the 18fet controllers, what are they like?

Did you build up a bike with them on?

I actually haven't used any of them yet - I am completing another build, with a Lightning Rods kit. I need to sell a bike or two before I do a build with one or two of the Mac motors...

Can the gmac take as much power, vs mac?

PRW said:
I actually haven't used any of them yet - I am completing another build, with a Lightning Rods kit. I need to sell a bike or two before I do a build with one or two of the Mac motors...

calab said:
Can the gmac take as much power, vs mac?

as far as I am aware, the GMac is just a Mac with a locked clutch to allow regen and a different axle. Can't see any reason why it wouldn't take the same power - on the Grin simulator, the power/ torque/ everything is exactly the same for the two motors

PRW,I see you ordered torque sensors with clavus 5?

I can’t find any reference to what clavus 5 is, can you elaborate?

I've never used a torque sensor before, seeing as I mainly zoom around throttle only I've never really needed one I don't think.

For an upcoming build I will want PAS so might go for this.

Also PRS, I notice you went for a 100mm BB version of the torque sensor - I use the EEB enduro frame which has a 100mm BB, I presume they are splined to fit the clavus 5?

Back