ENCODER MODEL ND72360 B. FARDRIVER FOR QS 165.

light88

10 µW
SO I FINALLY GOT ALL THE PARTS FOR A BUILD I GO DO A TEST RUN AND IT JUST BEEPS AT ME CONTINUOUSLY. DOES IT NEED TO BE "SET UP" FIRST? I LIVE ALONE IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH NO PHONE SO I NEED TO MAKE THIS WORK WITH MY PC. I OWN A VITUS E-MYTHIQUE VRS WITH A BAFANG M510 THAT TOOK A CRAP AFTER HOOKING IT UP TO BESST TOOL FROM ALI EXPRESS. IM BROKE AND ITS ALL BROKEN CAUSE I JUST NEED MORE POWER.

What are all the settings you have programmed into the controller with the setup software?

How exactly is the system wired, with what specific parts? (a complete list of everything in the system may be helpful to figure out the problem(s); links to where they were purchased if from online stores may help us see information that could lead to solutions)

Where is the beep coming from, exactly, and what exactly is happening / are you doing that causes the beep?

What does the manual of the device doing the beeping say the beep code it is giving you means?

If you have to post screenshots of the various setup software pages, you can simply copy and paste them right into your post. On a Windows PC, just hold the Alt key and press the PrtSc key to take a screenshot of just the program you're in at the moment (like the setup software), then hold Alt and press Tab to switch to your browser and then paste (ctrl-V) into the box you type into.

The more accurate and complete the information you provide, the less we have to guess, and the more likely we can provide help that will lead to a solution.

Note that if you need more power than you had before, you will almost certainly need a bigger / more capable battery as well, since normally the batteries used with systems can only (barely) power those systems at their factory-setup limits. Even just modifying settings for higher power demand on the factory system can cause it to no longer work correctly with the existing battery, causing cutouts or shutdowns.

Changing to a much higher power-demand system usually means replacing the battery as well, with one capable of handling the needs of that system under the specific conditions you're using it under.

If you're still using the original battery, you are almost certainly still limited in power to whatever it could output to the original system as it was originally setup.

According to this site
that's only a 250w system, with a 650wh-capacity battery,
  • Smooth Bafang M510 motor produces 250W max power and 95Nm torque
  • Long range 630Wh internal battery
but your new controller
is capable of drawing about ten times what the battery is designed to handle, so the battery probably won't survive very long if it works at all under load.
1709527686547.png

If you haven't already done so, you may also wish to verify that the parts you have (or intend to get) can handle the power needs by using the various calculators or simulators on the internet, such as those from ebikes.ca , to guesstimate how much power it takes to do the specific job you need your bike to do for you under your specific riding conditions.

You may also find this thread useful

(BTW, using all caps doesn't get you more attention, it just makes it harder to read what you type. Using normal sentences, punctuation, etc. will make it easier for us to read, and thus easier to help you).

Last edited:
What are all the settings you have programmed into the controller with the setup software?

None so far ..I have not been abel to connect to the controller through the Bluetooth system.

How exactly is the system wired, with what specific parts? (a complete list of everything in the system may be helpful to figure out the problem(s); links to where they were purchased if from online stores may help us see information that could lead to solutions)
I have 72 v 20 amp hour batterie powering system. Feeding into controller than to wiring harness. Refctifier/relay… DC 72V -12V CONVERTER ….BT COM DEVICE…. THROTTLE (YVV3) …. IGNITION …. AND DISPLAY

Where is the beep coming from, exactly, and what exactly is happening / are you doing that causes the beep?
CONTROLLER …. ITS KNOWN TO DO THIS INORDER TO COMMUNICATE WHERE TO REMEDY ITS DIS-EASE. I GET ONE BEEP EVERY TWO OR THREE SECONDS (ITS POSSIBLE ITS BECAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN SET UP YET.
What does the manual of the device doing the beeping say the beep code it is giving you means?
THIS MY FRIEND IS MY PROBLEM! DON’T HAVE ONE , CANT FIND ONE , AND HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR DIAGRAMS AND A MANUAL FROM THE QS MOTOR STORE AND I HAVE BEEN AT THIS FOR WEEKS. ALL THE MANUALS ARE NOT FOR THIS EXACT VERSION THEY Are GENERIC MANUALS AND DIAGRAMS.

FARDRIVER PMSM CONTROLLER

MODLE: ND 72360B ND 72360B_14_ABH68

VOLTAGE:72V DC/AC: 190A/360A type: S24

SNZJTZ-1230821NBDC7595

If you have to post screenshots of the various setup software pages, you can simply copy and paste them right into your post. On a Windows PC, just hold the Alt key and press the PrtSc key to take a screenshot of just the program you're in at the moment (like the setup software), then hold Alt and press Tab to switch to your browser and then paste (ctrl-V) into the box you type into.

LET ME DO THIS FOLLOWING GETTING THIS ONE OUT. ITS ON MY LAPTOP.

I DOWNLOADED IT FROM THE FARDRIVER WEBSITE. ITS ON PAGE 2 UNDER SERVICE DOWNLOADS.

IT IS TAINTED I BELIEVE IT HAS ???????? MARKS IN MANY OF THE FIELDS ALONG WITH RUSSIAN LETTERING AND WEIRD MARKINGS.

The more accurate and complete the information you provide, the less we have to guess, and the more likely we can provide help that will lead to a solution.

(BTW, using all caps doesn't get you more attention, it just makes it harder to read what you type. Using normal sentences, punctuation, etc. will make it easier for us to read, and thus easier to help you).

I AM A TOUCH DISLEXIC AND IT MAKES IT EASIER ON ME TO COMMUNICATE I ABSALUTLEY DON’T MEAN ANYTHING BY IT. IM HIGHLY INTELLIGENT … RETIRED HELICOPTER MEDIC…. IM JUST NOT GOOD AT THIS FORM OF COMMUNICATION AND USE IT AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. I AM MUCH BETTER AT SPEAKING MY PEACE.

IM SORRY . ITS MY TRUTH

Back